We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Cost Dec manchester - bangkok, should i fly egypt air

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
reviews: 7
Flight Cost Dec manchester - bangkok, should i fly egypt air

Hi,

Heading to thailand 19th dec - 14th Jan(approx)

Flying from Manchester or anywhere in uk.

Cheapest flights at the moment are with Egypt Air (£670 return)

All the other airlines, seem to be very expensive (£800-1300). Was holding out for Emirates but I think they too are going to be costly. Anyone had experiences with Egypt Air, Iv heard they are not the greatest? Do you think the prices will come down as its early in the day.

Thanks

Howard

Edited: 7:37 am, February 01, 2013
Chiang Klang...
1. Re: Flight Cost Dec manchester - bangkok, should i fly egypt air

Flew with them many years ago and had no complaints. You could have a look at the air travel forum and ask there.

Its peak season for flights from the Uk to Asia, so finding a top end airline at a cheap prices isn't going to be easy, but it also might be too early for all fares to be released.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 69
2. Re: Flight Cost Dec manchester - bangkok, should i fly egypt air

Flights are released about 340 days before date of departure so the prices you have been quoted (by a 3rd party agent?) will be their prices not necessarily the airline's prices. Also booking in advance of the airlines schedules is risky as they may be different to what you thought you were booking and actual schedules may not suit you. I'd wait a few weeks but keep monitoring prices on Skyscanner.net.

Manchester
reviews: 7
3. Re: Flight Cost Dec manchester - bangkok, should i fly egypt air

Hi

The flights iv seen are direct with the airline. I tend to avoid 3rd party suppliers. I also work for one so know its always better and cheaper direct. I think ill just have to hold out and wait a little time for other airlines to release their flights.

Thanks

London, United...
reviews: 84
4. Re: Flight Cost Dec manchester - bangkok, should i fly egypt air

No discount from where you work ?

Cumbria, England
reviews: 9
5. Re: Flight Cost Dec manchester - bangkok, should i fly egypt air

If you haven't already tried it you could post this on the air travel forum, it might get you more feedback on Egyptair.

Kasane, Botswana
6. Re: Flight Cost Dec manchester - bangkok, should i fly egypt air

You could check on skytrax what other travellers have to say about Egypt Air or on Flyertalk.

Shrewsbury
reviews: 19
7. Re: Flight Cost Dec manchester - bangkok, should i fly egypt air

Sometimes it's now always cheaper to book direct with the airline, I rang eva air this morning to get a price off them direct and they told me it would be cheaper for me to book with an agent as they would be able to give better offers! I was slightly surprised! Can't seem to get a price off their website either. Prices for economy tend to just go up after release for Christmas period. Hope you manage to get a good deal.

Shrewsbury
reviews: 19
8. Re: Flight Cost Dec manchester - bangkok, should i fly egypt air

Sorry. That's meant to say its NOT always cheaper!! Not now!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
9. Re: Flight Cost Dec manchester - bangkok, should i fly egypt air

We went to South Africa a few months ago with Egypt air and had no issues but they're a non alcohol airline so if you like a glass of wine on the flight it won't be possible with them.

Chiang Klang...
10. Re: Flight Cost Dec manchester - bangkok, should i fly egypt air

Do an internet search for 'consolidators' - these are airline seat wholesalers and the UK has more of them than most other countries.