We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must Eat Riverside Restaurant

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
Must Eat Riverside Restaurant

Hi all, we arrive in Bangkok Christmas Eve, staying at the Royal Orchid Hotel, looking to celebrate our arrival with family at a, nice riverside restaurant, with moderate prices and music. Either Christmas Eve or Christmas night.

Preferrably, a more authentic Thai restaurant, staying away from the high end hotels with their additional surcharges.

I have found 3 which look good :

a) Khinlom Chomsaphan Restaurant

b) Supatra River House Restaurant, and

c) The Deck Restaurant

I did read on TA that the Deck is GR8 for views to Wat Arun, but that the food is not that good?

Anyone with feedback on these 3, or recommendations for others?

Thanks

BC

Bangkok, Thailand
1. Re: Must Eat Riverside Restaurant

Supatra is a wonderful experience but expensive by Thai standards (although cheaper than many hotels) and bookings are essential. A less expensive option with a much more ordinary Thai vibe to it is Yok Yor, but tables on the riverside terrace must be reserved too. (You hotel can help with this). Entertainment here is usually a live Thai band. One excellent option (if any tables are still available) is the Loy Nava dinner cruise http://www.loynava.com

Edited: 7:15 pm, November 17, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Must Eat Riverside Restaurant

Thanks bbtony,

Supatra looks nice from the website, will definately look at booking a table at Yok Yor, as it only across the river from the ROS, on the google map. Will ask the hotel to ring and book when we arrive, I take it that the Khinlom Restaurant is a no no as you did not mention it?

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
reviews: 33
3. Re: Must Eat Riverside Restaurant

Khinlom Chomsaphan ticks all your boxes. It's one of my personal favourites. Delicious fresh seafood, all the Thai standards, live music every evening, breathtaking view of Rama VIII Bridge, moderate prices. Do reserve ahead if you want a table on the riverside

Bangkok, Thailand
4. Re: Must Eat Riverside Restaurant

I didn't mention it because I have not been there! Bill gives good suggestions about it.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
5. Re: Must Eat Riverside Restaurant

They're not on the river but only a few minutes from the ROS is the Gallery Cafe, Harmonique and Tongue Thai, all very good options which you can try the other nights you'll be staying in ROS

6. Re: Must Eat Riverside Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, December 16, 2013