We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free shuttle bus from BKK to DMK - true?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ljubljana, Slovenia
reviews: 9
Free shuttle bus from BKK to DMK - true?

I would like to know if it's realy true that there is free shuttle bus from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Don Muang Airport? I read this in one of the reviews on Agoda web page. This review was written on 10. aug 2012 for Amari Don Muang airport.

20 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
1. Re: Free shuttle bus from BKK to DMK - true?

There is no free shuttle bus as far as I know right now. Air Asia at some point apparently said they would provide one for their passengers after they move to Don Muang on 1 October. There is a regular fare paying bus service between the two airports.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 13
2. Re: Free shuttle bus from BKK to DMK - true?

May be free shuttle to Amari hotel?

Ljubljana, Slovenia
reviews: 9
3. Re: Free shuttle bus from BKK to DMK - true?

@bbtony I saw on ask AA that there maybe but just maybe will be something in that direction.

@Yonny There is no free shuttle to Amari. They charge 1248 thb. I allready asked them.

Thank you both of you.

For now we will stick with the taxi. :P

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
4. Re: Free shuttle bus from BKK to DMK - true?

I read that when Air Asia switch to the other airport that a shuttle bus will be organized but at the moment there isn't one so you'll need to get a taxi.

birmingham uk
reviews: 14
5. Re: Free shuttle bus from BKK to DMK - true?

I have been informed by a hotel close to BKK that there is a free shuttle bus running hourly from 5am to 10pm.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
6. Re: Free shuttle bus from BKK to DMK - true?

Hi,

Here's a detailed review of the shuttle including hours, locations and photos of the stops and actual buses to be used.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k578…

Note that AirAsia is NOT running their OWN dedicated shuttle.. They are participating in the AoT's (Airport's) shuttle service.

So AirAsia passengers will be eligible to use this Airport operated shuttle service in line with the ridership eligibility terms, which I've outlined in the review as well..

Travel Safe,

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
reviews: 33
7. Re: Free shuttle bus from BKK to DMK - true?

Destination Expert GOPBI has posted a detailed preview of the airport-to-airport shuttle bus service which will go into operation October 1:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k578…

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 51
8. Re: Free shuttle bus from BKK to DMK - true?

^realize there is no luggage racks - so will run into issues. Best bet take a taxi.

Swansea, United...
9. Re: Free shuttle bus from BKK to DMK - true?

does anyone know how much a taxi costs between bkk tto dmk and how far is it many thanks

10. Re: Free shuttle bus from BKK to DMK - true?

Taxi fare from BKK-DMK is about 300THB +/-

You may need to pay 50THB for the airport taxi sevice and 30 THB for the troll way fee.

From BKK to DMK travel around 1hr +/- if not jam.

Hope this is help.

Reply to: Free shuttle bus from BKK to DMK - true?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted