We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooftop bars/restaurants

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cumbria
reviews: 33
Rooftop bars/restaurants

Hi, we are looking for a good roof bar/restaurant near the dusit thani hotel. We missed out on rooftop bar experience last year in Bangkok as it poured down on our last night in Bangkok. Won't make the same mistake this year!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Phangan, Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 42
1. Re: Rooftop bars/restaurants

Sirroco:

lebua.com/en/…

Bangkok, Thailand
2. Re: Rooftop bars/restaurants

Yup get the skytrain from outside your hotel going towards Wongwianyai, but get off at Saphan Taksin. Le Bua is a 5-6 minute walk and is right where Silom Road meets Charoenkrung Road.

London
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 128
3. Re: Rooftop bars/restaurants

http://www.bangkok.com/top10-rooftop-bars.htm

Should be something there to suit all tastes!

Hope you don't miss out on your rooftop experience this time

cumbria
4. Re: Rooftop bars/restaurants

Thanks for replies, we tried out vertigo bar last night just 50baht taxi. Awesome. Cocktails 370++ baht same as dusit but what a view!!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
5. Re: Rooftop bars/restaurants

Yes, the Vertigo is fabulous, but pricey.

Worcester UK
reviews: 21
6. Re: Rooftop bars/restaurants

Are teenagers allowed in these bars? Or are there rooftop restaurants which would be suitable?

cumbria
7. Re: Rooftop bars/restaurants

We saw a few very well behaved young teens and soft drinks are available. If i was choosing between vertigo and scirrocco it would be vertigo because of the welcoming feeling. At lebua it os a bit like cattle herding. They are trading off "hangover 2" film and attract a younger trendy set but no seating around bar and the first person who spoke said no photos only at the bar. At vertigo we were shown to a seat and treated like guests not tourists. Price wise i was quite stunned to see lebua asking about double for cocktails compared to vertigo.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 48
8. Re: Rooftop bars/restaurants

From experience I would not choose lebua for a nice time. The only good thing about the place is the view. The staff are rude & arrogant and if they can get away with it, will herd you towards the inside bar instead of the Sky Bar. I am looking for a friendlier place with great views for my next trip.

Peoria, Illinois
reviews: 66
9. Re: Rooftop bars/restaurants

Consider the Long Table (Sukhumvit soi 16) or the new Sofitel on Sukhumvit at soi 15. The bar at the top of Sofitel is very relaxed. I totally agree that drinks are outrageously priced at LeBua Sky Bar (but if you buy ONE and sip it very slowly, as you enjoy that view, you might not feel like you've been 'robbed' quite so badly.

Red Sky at the top of the Centara Grande Hotel (located at Central World Mall) is also very nice.

cumbria
10. Re: Rooftop bars/restaurants

Another observation about lebua (maybe it was just last night) it seems that single sex groups rather than couples go there. Vertigo was a greater mix. If i had longer in bangkok i would love to try a few more. My guess is that lebua will burn itself out as the hyped tourist attraction to be seen at until then maybe they could place a turnstile at the entrance and a merchandise stall at the exit.