We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations pleas

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Hotel recommendations pleas

Hi

We will be staying in Bangkok in July for 3 nights on our way to Koh Samui. Our children are 17, 15, 12, and I would welcome suggestions of the best way to spend our 2 days there. Also which area to stay in and hotel recommendations. We would like a decent standard of hotel, but when everything is x six price has to be considered.

Many thanks

London
reviews: 1
1. Re: Hotel recommendations pleas

We have just arrived back from Bangkok and would happily recommend the Grand Mercure Park Avenue as a good, reasonably priced hotel. It didn't quite have all the luxuries of some of the highest class hotels, but the rooms and public areas were immaculately clean and well appointed, the staff were friendly and helpful, and, given the low price of taxis, it was as well situated as any of the others.

We got a good deal on lastminute.com (and believe me it was really "last minute" on this occasion as we were already in Bangkok and the hotel we had originally booked (The White Orchid) turned out to be dire,so we needed an alternative quickly.

Also, the area included a good mall, some friendly bars (though you might need to shield your yougest child from some of the 'goings-on') and some nice, very well priced restaurants.

I hope you enjoy your holiday as much as we did

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 30
2. Re: Hotel recommendations pleas

Hi Oarsman,

Stayed at the Amari Atrium at a very good price booked through www.asiabesthotel.com.

Excellent service and rooms, though location is a little off where the main action is. However as the previous TA reviewer has mentioned, cabs are really inexpensive - so it makes getting around not too much of a hassle. There're doormen at the entrance of the hotel always ready to call a metered cab for you ... Excellent hotel at an affordable rate.