We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

top 10 things to do in thailand?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
reviews: 3
top 10 things to do in thailand?

hi whats everyone's suggestions on top 10 things to do in all of Thailand and where to go please, thanks?

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 45
1. Re: top 10 things to do in thailand?

Howdy, Well hard as ever to answer to be honest as each person or persons seem to come here for very different reasons. But somethings i would advise not to miss out on for a new experience rarely seen by people who come here perhaps would include

A trip to Ayutthaya as all the things they have there you likely will not see in many places in this world, OK wait for floods to recede of course.

A trip to Koh Kood, as Thailand's fourth largest island it is untouched and virtually unseen even by most Thai people! Seriously beautiful.

Chiang Rai and area, so many nice things to see, golden triangle and the city itself plus the climate at this time of year, oh yeah.

There are a whole host of other things i would do also, but how long have you got and what are you into?

Bangkok, Thailand
2. Re: top 10 things to do in thailand?

1. Mae Hong Son

2. http://www.ancientcity.com

3. Phangnga Bay

4. Nakhon Phanom town next to the Mekong river

5.Prasat Hin Phanom Rung historical park in Buriram

6. Ayuddhya

7. Beaches of Trang province

8. Grand Palace in Bangkok

9. Krabi

10. Khao Yai National Park

Oldenzaal, The...
reviews: 35
3. Re: top 10 things to do in thailand?

@bbtony

Any special advice for your nr 7 Beaches of Trang province.

Our main goal is snorkeling and beahes.

Untill now we have Koh Kradan, Koh Ngai, and Koh Libong.

Thanks...

Bad Windsheim...
reviews: 80
4. Re: top 10 things to do in thailand?

1. Bangkok - boat trip on the Chao Praya River

2. Chiang Mai - visit Doi Suthep

3. Phi Phi Islands - stay in a hotel away from "downtown"

4. Koh Lanta - Long Beach

5. Visit an Elephant Camp

6. Bangkok - visit Wang Lang Market

7. Eat a food stalls

8. Have massages

9. Ao Nang - visit Phranang Beach outside peak season

10. Chiang Mai - visit Night Bazaar

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
5. Re: top 10 things to do in thailand?

And perhaps a visit to Kanchanaburi

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 26
6. Re: top 10 things to do in thailand?

Its very difficult to give a complete list of top tens of what to do.. some of the list already made are not bad.. and as already mentioned its different from person to person...

I would highly recommend to pass on Ayutthaya! and it made the list for 2 out 3 so far.... Yes there are some nice temples and signs of war between thai and khmers...(heads of buddha statues cut off) .. But there is a lot of temples in Thailand (and if temples are your thing... go to SIem Reap for that) Other than the temples I find Ayutthaya to have little to offer except a ton of karaoke bars (in thai and japanese) ...

other than that many of the things already listed are nice!

If you are a party freak ... a full moon party at Koh phangan might be fun...

Kanchanaburi is fun if you want to see some WW2 stuff and also has a nice national park in the area (Erawan I think...)

Bangkok of course (tons of things... one thing not mentioned yet is the chatuchak weekend market - which is an experience....)

Chiang Mai - Rai - lots of temples and lots of activities to do & see... also nice wibe in the area...

The beaches of Thailand... What do you want... A simple resort alone on a island or mass tourism or extreme luxury.. everything is possible..

Diving.. Thailand has several world class places to dive... Koh Tao is laidback diving island... But there are many more...

My strongest advise (which of course is very subjective!) is pass on Ayutthaya...

else have a great trip! Thailand is great!

PS would also take a BIG pass on Krabi...! (maybe not the whole province but Krabi Town and are around Krabi Town....) Phi Phi islands / koh Lanta etc. can be nice!

Edited: 8:04 am, November 29, 2011
Ogden, Utah
reviews: 22
7. Re: top 10 things to do in thailand?

A different sort of List:

Soi Cowboy in Bangkok

NEP in Bangkok

Walking Street in Pattaya

Bangla Road in Phuket

Tawandang Beer Hall in Bangkok

Tawandang ISAAN Night Club in Bangkok

Route 66 Night Club in Bangkok

Red Sky Bar in Centara Grande Hotel Bangkok

Bed Supper Club, Q Bar, Insomnia, Concept CM2, 87 Plus clubs and night clubs Bangkok

Go to movie in VIP theater and seats in Siam Paragon Mall in Bangkok

LOL.

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 26
8. Re: top 10 things to do in thailand?

@ Ravenret

Hahaha! Its funny because its true!

Bed Supper Club is actually pretty nice! (regular night club/restaurant in Bangkok)

VIP theater is a must!

Soi Cowboy/NEP and Pattaya is maybe not for everybody but def a part of Thailand as well.. Pattaya is the worst though...

Vancouver
reviews: 21
9. Re: top 10 things to do in thailand?

Ravenret... after I read your posting, I read your profile.... I want to hang out with YOU! You sound like you know how to have a lot of fun!!! lol !

Actually, you remind me of people I've met in the past who were so much fun to be with while I was travelling, no matter where I was, and those experiences are my fondest memories... Keep on keepin on!

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 4
10. Re: top 10 things to do in thailand?

spend a night with a ladyboy.