We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chatuchak market closing time sunday late arvo?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 28
Chatuchak market closing time sunday late arvo?

As some of you may have been following i am now rescheduled for March and unfortunately will not be able to be in Bangkok on a weekend.

Well...we fly in at 1:55pm on a sunday.

My question is - are we best to get back to our hotel as soon as possible and hit the chatuchak market in the late afternoon? what time does it close?

or i know some people say the market is still open during the week but just not to the same extent...is it still worth going?

Had my heart set on going to this market!

Bangkok, Thailand
1. Re: Chatuchak market closing time sunday late arvo?

The published opening hours for the market are from 9.00am to 6.00pm on Saturday and Sunday, though many of the stalls actually open sometime between 9.00am and 10.00am and close around sunset.

I have been there on a weekday and many of the stalls were open but not too many people.

Google Chatuchak Weekend Market for photo's and advise.

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 8
2. Re: Chatuchak market closing time sunday late arvo?

Better go on that Sunday evening than weekdays.

Just go to the hotel, change your clothes as tanks and shorts, and enjoy the great evening at Chatuchak.

If you stay near BTS, you'll probably reach the market around 4.30 pm. Shopping closed around 5.30 -6 pm, but drinking ones go on! There are many chill places /corners to sit and enjoy after your long journey.

I personally like the ambiance in the evening especially along the walking street. Nowadays there are street performances and stalls.

3. Re: Chatuchak market closing time sunday late arvo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 16, 2009