We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BKK Airport to Millenium Hilton how much?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 6
BKK Airport to Millenium Hilton how much?

We arrive at BKK at midnight on a Sunday night, the cheaper services like the shuttles I have found look like they end at Midnight... How much should we expect to pay for a taxi transfer from BKK to the Millenium Hilton 123 Charoennakorn Road? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Torre del Mar, Spain
reviews: 28
1. Re: BKK Airport to Millenium Hilton how much?

Bangkok taxis are metered. You should really only pay what is on the meter plus road tolls and any baggage charges. However some may add a little on for themselves which is usually OK. I would have thought about 250 baht was acceptable for a trip the other side of the river but would not complain if the taxi driver said 300 at that time of night.

Some taxi drivers are very greedy and may quote 600 or 700. Treat them like dirt. Do not use the airport limo service which is very expensive.

bangkok
reviews: 3
2. Re: BKK Airport to Millenium Hilton how much?

gerthy1

when you exit customs at the arrival hall go down one floor. here is located the metered taxi stand. there will be someone sitting at a desk, give them your destination and they will pass it on to the driver. this costs 50B which you pay to the driver on top of your final fare when you get to your hotel.

get in the taxi and check that the meter has been switched on. it should come up with an initial flag fare of 35B.

on the way to your hotel there will be at least 2 tolls to pay, about 65B in total. you give the money to the driver who pays for you when you stop at the tollbooth.

so when you reach your destination you pay 50B plus metered fare. the metered fare will be 250/300B.

you may tip the driver if you wish, it's not compulsory. i usually tip them if they have driven safely i.e. not speeding or braking hard or taking corners too fast.

bkk3

Kaneeda

i don't know hen you were here last but things have changed a bit. i've read some of your posts and quite a lot of information you have provided so far is out of date.

bkk3

Antipodes
reviews: 121
3. Re: BKK Airport to Millenium Hilton how much?

350 baht should cover everything (give or take), so very much within the budget of visitors that can afford to stay at the Millenium Hilton Hotel.

Enjoy.

Torre del Mar, Spain
reviews: 28
4. Re: BKK Airport to Millenium Hilton how much?

bkk3. You have merely expanded on what I have said. Your comment :

[i don't know hen you were here last but things have changed a bit. i've read some of your posts and quite a lot of information you have provided so far is out of date.]

is a lie and is nasty and uncalled for. As to when I was last there, 7th December 2006 to 7th March 2007. Recent enough? If you live there, you know as well as I do that after midnight many taxi drivers try it on and cheat tourists. Only by showing them they cannot get away with it can this be stopped. In future if something I have said is out of date, explain why rather than making empty allegations to try and make me look bad.

bangkok
reviews: 3
5. Re: BKK Airport to Millenium Hilton how much?

Kaneeda

You obviously have your knickers in a twist. i really don't know why you are contributing to this forum as you seem to convey quite a negative attitude in your posts.

i've come thru the airport many times after midnight with no problems of being ripped off, no so called extra baggage costs. taxis at the new airport are now run where this doesn;t happen anymore (except if you try and get a taxi from the departure level). these measures were introduced on april 13 and are strictly enforced by what i have observe. plus you fail to mention the 50B fee for getting the taxi via the official desk. there fore you only provide half of the correct information

and you certainly have no right no advise anyone to treat a taxi driver "like dirt" if they do quote an inflated fare. the best advice is to politely say no thankyou and try another taxi.

although i have lived here for a total of 9 years i don't think of myself as an expert. things change here quickly and without notice and quite often i get it wrong and when i'm wrong i'm always willing to be corrected politely and not by someone who is clearly impolite, rude, obnoxious and by the sounds of your posts didn't have a very positive experience while here.

the least heard from you the better (that's me being impolite, rude and obnoxious. however my stay is a positive one).

bkk3

bkk3

Canada
reviews: 6
6. Re: BKK Airport to Millenium Hilton how much?

Thanks for the information all. All is good and will take all advice and use to my benefit. We booked the Millenium through Hilton Points we are not wealthy by any means, just a young couple trying to enjoy a dream vacation as economical as possible. Again thanks for the information!

7. Re: BKK Airport to Millenium Hilton how much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, September 08, 2009