We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ba and bangkok air transit

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
ba and bangkok air transit

im arriving in bangkok in late april on a ba flight and have a connecting flight to phuket with bangkok air 2 hours and 15 mins later does anyone know if i need to collect my baggage and check in again or do i just inform ba of my final destination and transit straight through, also i know there are two airports in bangkok, do bangkok air fly from the same airport as international incoming flights, i would be most grateful for any advice from any seasoned travellers out there, thanks in advance for any advice.

Kanazawa, Japan
reviews: 3
1. Re: ba and bangkok air transit

BA does not have an interline baggage agreement with Bangkok Airways so you will have to collect your luggage after immigration and clear it through customs then check in for your Bangkok Airways flight. You will arrive at Suvarnabhumi and depart from there as well.

You will be cutting it close with 2 hours and 15 minutes. Minimum connection time international to domestic is 2 hours at Suvarnabhumi. It can be really fast getting through immigration, baggage claim and customs, or it can be painfully slow. Sometimes baggage takes forever to come out.

http://www.bangkokair.com/before/ as well as the rest of their website might be useful for you.

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 17
2. Re: ba and bangkok air transit

As long as you have tickets for both flights, produce them in London and bags should go straight through.

If either are e-tickets, but still on the same total booking through BA , then same applies.

If they were booked separately you may have a problem, but can give details at checkin and they might be able to check through.

london
3. Re: ba and bangkok air transit

Thanks so much for your replies guys, was a bit confused so decided to do a bit of investigating myself.

Contacted ba and they told me that on their information system it was saying that they had an interline baggage agreement with bangkok airways and if i provided details of my bangkok/phuket flight on check in at heathrow everything should be fine.

As an afterthought and just to make sure i contacted bangkok air and they told me they did not have an interline baggage agreement with ba and that i would definately have to collect my baggage and check in again and 2 hours was the minimum time allowed but 2hours and 15 mins would be fine.

Think i'll just collect my baggage and check in again just to make sure i get it and hope ive got enough time to do it.

Once again thanks guys.

mike.

4. Re: ba and bangkok air transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 21, 2009