We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bossatel for family of 5

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 29
Bossatel for family of 5

We will be travelling to Bangkok for a 5 day stop over from Tokyo to Manila & are looking for hotel accomodations close to the Silom area. We have enjoyed Holiday Inn's Executive Club rooms a number of times & were very pleased with our stays. With our 2 girls aged 15 & 9 & our son aged 13 with us, we were still hoping to get a suite closer to $150- HI has quoted us $ 250++ for their executive club suites.

Bossatel's reviews & prices look very appealing. I suppose the suite would have a King Bed in the Master's bedroom & have a pull out of some kind in the living room area. Would you recommend we take the suite & get an extra bed as needed or would we be better off with adjoining deluxe rooms? Do they have choices of 2 double OR King deluxe rooms?

Appreciate your input.

Chiang Khong...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Bossatel for family of 5

HI

I love the Bossotel have stayed there twice it is great for couples

IMO may not be a good choice for family. It is a small boutique hotel 60 to 80 rooms" "It is on a side street and has no grounds. the pool is tiny more intimate. more for sunbathing than swimming " sometimes au natural" they do have wifi in rooms if you

have laptop.

but nothing for children.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 30
2. Re: Bossatel for family of 5

Hi,

Even though I really love the Bossotel, I'd recommend the Holiday Inn in this instance if you're willing to set apart that amount of money on accomodation.

The Bossotel is really meant more for travellers who are not as willing to splurge on accomodation but wants good value for money. If you place luxury as a priority in your hotel, then the Bossotel isn't your choice 'coz it really isn't a plush hotel by any standards ...

Tokyo, Japan
3. Re: Bossatel for family of 5

Thanks for your input. Still deciding & am awaiting word from HI Executive Floor management about possible accomodation options for our family. Am still seriously considering Bossatel since we just really need beds to sleep in after doing our sight seeing & shopping in Bangkok. The kids may need an occassion dip after a long day of sight seeing. We will have a month of swimming & going to the beaches for our month long visit in the Philippines.

Just found reduced rates in their website http://www.bossotelinn.com/home.htm. Wifi & free breakfast offered with their room rates will leave lots of change even with 2 deluxe rooms or even a suite and another room in Bossatel will leave us more $$$ to shop with. What adjoining room options do they have? Would still like to hear what the deluxe & suite set ups are like if anyone is able to give input.

Thanks so much.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 30
4. Re: Bossatel for family of 5

Hi,

Sorry I can't help much with your rooming queries but you were mentioning that you could get good rates at the hotel's own website at:

http://www.bossotelinn.com/home.htm?

I don't know if you're willing to give it a try, but the last time I booked the Bossotel I did it through Sawadee.com which was slightly cheaper than what the hotel was offering directly to their guests. Moreover the rate that I paid through Sawadee.com was also inclusive of breakfast.

Another TA member, Michelle recently booked through Asiarooms.com 'coz she said that this was where she got the best prices at.

You may like to consider making your hotel reservations at either of the above two online hotel agencies if you appreciate saving a little more money for shopping and a good massage.

Personally though, I steer clear of Asiarooms.com as much as possible because I've heard too many horror stories about them from people in this and other TA forums. Then again, you have people who swear by Asiarooms.com and who will not use any other website besides Asiarooms.

Good Luck and have fun! ;-D

Chiang Khong...
5. Re: Bossatel for family of 5

Hi

If price is one of your main considerations

check out Asia Hotel they are an old and a little dated but it is a big hotel right on the BTS line you access from the second floor .they have a nice big swimming pool

lots of resturants on site and only 1 stop from Siam Paragon Mall

a good place for shopping and kids to play and hang out.

get rooms on the upper floors my first time in Bangkok I stayed there I remember my room had 2 big beds and a door adjoing the next room.

Maroochydore...
reviews: 14
6. Re: Bossatel for family of 5

Hey there.

I contacted Bossotel, for my own travel, and find that they do not have connecting rooms and they will not allow 5 in the room - even the suite.

May not be what your after.

E-mail them yourself - got a speedy reply

Brett

Bangkok
7. Re: Bossatel for family of 5

I would recommend Oakwood Residence in Bangkok, the suites are big and the price is quite reseanable. Loaction wise is not as convenient as Silom area, but they do have a shuttle bus service to major shopping center and Skytrain station. There are coffee shops, convenient stores just outside the hotel.

Another option is Emporium Suites, higher scale but rooms are spacious and location is very convenient.

Hope you will enjoy your stay,

Helen

Sutton Coldfield...
reviews: 18
8. Re: Bossatel for family of 5

If you can afford it try the Metropolitan Hotel, your teenagers will absoloutly love it mine did.

The quality of service is second to none, it is my favourite hotel in Thailand, by miles, I spend 40-50 nights a year, and have never had a bad experience...

Tokyo, Japan
9. Re: Bossatel for family of 5

thanks you all. Bossatel probably will not work for us- found a few more other possibilities . And the search continues........

10. Re: Bossatel for family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 19, 2009