We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 days in Thailand

Which Thailand hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, illinois
14 days in Thailand

Hey everyone.

wanted to get thoughts on my itinerary. I am hoping to mix in a bit of everything on this trip.

Upon arrival to BKK, flying to Koh Chang (2 1/2 days) not a big party guy, wanted an island with a little of everything

Then off to Chiang Mai for 4 1/2 days. (Side trips to doi suthep and a hill village). Is 2 days enough for chiang Mai itself?

Finally ending in Bangkok for 6 days. (Side trips to ayutthaya and kanchanaburi)

Would you distribute the time allocation any differently? First timer to thailand here

Thanks!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 44
1. Re: 14 days in Thailand

Hi

In Chaingmai 4 days not enough but as you have short time so better than nothing. Doi suthep and hill tribe are not far from the city approximately 25-30mins depends on where you're stay in the city and time of day. On route to doi suthep there are some high school, collages and university if you're traveling around school start or finish it may impact on your traveling time.

Apart form that your itinerary sounds good. Shame you have on,y 2 1/2 days for koh Chang.

Good luck

Chicago, illinois
2. Re: 14 days in Thailand

Thanks for the input!

If you could add one more day to this trip, would you add it to Chiang Mai or Koh Chang?

London, United...
reviews: 84
3. Re: 14 days in Thailand

I would add a day to Koh Chang and Chiang Mai and just do 4 days in Bangkok.

London
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 121
4. Re: 14 days in Thailand

For me cutting Bangkok to 4 days and adding an extra day to the other 2 places would make sense.

Bangkok, Thailand
5. Re: 14 days in Thailand

For 6 days in Bangkok,I would like to introduce the luxury service apartment named "The Celadon Bangkok"

You can book through Agoda or booking.com

6. Re: 14 days in Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 07, 2014