We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand

Which Thailand hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jerusalem, Israel
reviews: 1
Thailand

My husband and I who are both 49 are planning a 2 week vacation to Thailand in Jan. 2014. We are thinking if staying one night in Bangkok, 3-4 nights in the North (Chang Mai) and the rest of the time on a couple of islands. We are looking for islands with little tourism but still with some restaurants etc. We are looking for tips for itinerary + high standard

hotels/bungalows + what ever you think we should see or experience etc.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 53
1. Re: Thailand

Hi

I would suggest stay in Bangkok longer maybe 2-3 nights( Bangkok has so much to do and see both history, cultures etc) then head to Chaingmai for 4 nights. From Chiangmai you can fly done to Trat province via Bangkok with ferry to koh Chang and or koh kood, koh Mak.

Or you can fly from Chiangmai to Bangkok with bus and ferry transfer to koh Chang or private car transfers whir ferry to koh Chang.

Note : Jan Is peak season in Thailand

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
2. Re: Thailand

I agree Koh Chang may well suit you

karachi
3. Re: Thailand

Hi, looking forward to a trip to Thailand in December 2013 and want to celebrate new years eve at Chaweng beach. Advices on how to go to ko Samui from phuket by road plus where to stay near Chaweng Beach. And of course any other suggestions/ advices will be much appreciated. Thanks

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Phangan, Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 42
4. Re: Thailand

In January it will be busy wherever you go. The islands off Trang may be a little quieter.

Melbourne...
5. Re: Thailand

Hi, My wife and I are planning to visit Thailand for 7 days. We do not want to visit temple or any cultural festivals, our main plan to is relax and see beautiful islands by speedboat or cruise, half day we also want to spend fishing, we want do shopping in weekends, any suggestion how to best utilize those 7 days in late Jan 2014-Feb2014? specially where to go, where to stay, transport? appreciate your time and advise

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
6. Re: Thailand

Hi, Nahid, it would be a good idea to start a new thread as you will probably get more replys.

7. Re: Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 04, 2014