We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! how much will i need (roughly)

Which Thailand hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
reviews: 1
HELP! how much will i need (roughly)

Planning on going to thailand for a month for new year december/january and then onto australia for a working holiday with my partner.....How much Would i roughly need for the month in thailand including accomodation and excursions? Any Ideas?

Copenhagen Region...
reviews: 30
1. Re: HELP! how much will i need (roughly)

Thailand is a Big country. No one can help you, when you dont write where in Thailand. What kind of accomodation? And do you prefer to eat local food with the locals? You need to give more info, and then some can help you.

London, United...
reviews: 84
2. Re: HELP! how much will i need (roughly)

As Dennis J says you need to provide more info.

December/January can be the most expensive time in Thailand. Its the height of the tourist season.

UK
reviews: 7
3. Re: HELP! how much will i need (roughly)

if you can give some idea of your planned budget, people will be able to advise you on good accomodation and things to do. You also need to decide where it is you want to go. suggest some time in bangkok, chiang mai, and a couple of beach resorts. CM will be the cheapest region. Beach areas vary widely in price, and doing things in bangkok is always pretty pricey.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 53
4. Re: HELP! how much will i need (roughly)

Hi

Agree with above posters. The best staring points is to read on FAQ on the fishy corner of forums page and see which area you want to be. Thailand has over 70a provinces and 4 main regions north, northeast, south and central.

Just keep in mind December / January is peak season in the whole of Thailand, the price of accommodations and flights are as high as double. You have to look and book fast.

5. Re: HELP! how much will i need (roughly)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 07, 2014