We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xbox 360 games bought in Thailand

Which Thailand hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 18
Xbox 360 games bought in Thailand

Hi,

My husband has just bought a Microsoft Xbox 360 in the UK. I have two Questions:

Will the games in Thailand work on his Xbox 360.

Where can we purchase them and any idea of cost, we'll be in Thailand in 3 weeks time, we're staying in Bangkok and Phuket.

Thanks in Advance.

Julie

Los Angeles
reviews: 17
1. Re: Xbox 360 games bought in Thailand

I also purchased several Xbox and several Gameboy Advanced copies while in Thailand. A total of nine games that cost me around $50 USD. I purchased them for my nephews, so I don't have the capability of testing them out. But the girl at the store tested them on her Xbox machine and actually sent two back to be redone because they didnt work. She said that if I had any problem, just to bring them back to her. I paid 300-500 baht a peice for the Xbox games and 100 baht a peice for the gameboy advanced games. I was going to get gameboy DS games, but she said they were cheaper to get in the US because that's where they get them from. Nice of her to tell me, because I wouldn't have known any better. She said the games would work on their machines. I hope this is true! I can let you know in a couple of weeks when I mail them to my nephews.

My husband purchased five movies at 100 baht each with quality varying, but all work and are viewable. He got three computer games for 200 baht each and nine software packages for the computer for 120 baht each. Everything works, but he did have a problem with "crack code" which he brought back to the store and they showed him how to install them. They also gave him a guarantee, verbally of course. But they did remember him and would have exchanged it out had it not worked.

We got all of our pirates from the MBK Center, 4th and 6th floors, I believe it was. There are a bunch of places there selling these, all with the same prices. If you buy them all at once, you can negotiate a slightly lower rate. We also saw that the Pantip Plaza's in Bangkok and Chiang Mai also had these stores. But MBK by far had the greatest number of these types of stores in one place.

Make a list of the games/software etc., that you want to take with you. My husband was like a kid in a candy store.

England
reviews: 18
2. Re: Xbox 360 games bought in Thailand

Thanks Sandyhandz, we'll have a look in the MBK.

Los Angeles
reviews: 17
3. Re: Xbox 360 games bought in Thailand

Goonerbunny -

You may want to first check out someone's reply to this same post in the Chiang Mai ? forum you posted it. I still haven't sent mine to my nephews, and now I'm worried the games won't work in their machine. My brother-in-law warned me about that. Ewww, how I hate when he's right!

UK
4. Re: Xbox 360 games bought in Thailand

Here's a compatability guide for NTSC-J and ASIA games.

play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibilit…

Dos cerveza, por...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Xbox 360 games bought in Thailand

Most games, regardless of platform, are not compatible in other regions. It's a bit like DVD's - Region 1, Region 2, etc. only they are in NTSC, PAL, etc.

The only way around it is to get your machine "chipped" so that when it searches that the game region code matches with the console region code on boot up, the chip intervenes & tells the console all is well, go ahead & boot. These chips are usually soldered directly onto the board of the console & will also allow you to play copied games which is in effect what the bootleg versions are.

Not sure where you can get them, a search on google may throw some light. If they're not around yet for the 360, rest assured that some comp expert will get them to market soon!!! They were out for the PS2 before the console was even on sale!!!