We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chitwan

Which Chitwan National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 8
chitwan

we are planning 12-14 days in nepal in november but our plans look very busy at the moment rushing all around with 4-5 days trekking, then chitwan and kathmandu valley; also much time spent on buses. as this would be our first time in nepal, we are just wondering whether going to chitwan is really worth it or should we skip it ? reading the books and some of the reviews, it appaes that you won't see much animals while some stories present the place as dangerous. any views ?

Kathmandu
1. Re: chitwan

I think if you want to see the tropical environment (though in November, the temperature will be moderate) in Nepal, Chitwan is probably the best place to be. I think the place is safe - you need not worry about that. There was previously some issue regarding the license renewal of the hotels inside the park but that is being resolved - should not be a worry to you.

The elephant safari and other activities are worth doing.

You might also be able to wintess some competitions like international elephant polo, elephant racing if you are there on late November to December.

Shaftesbury, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: chitwan

Chitwan is worth the visit just got back from staying at the Parkland hotel,Adventure Pilgrims Trekking sorted all this for me.Do take the bus its an experience but be prepared it may take 7 or 8 hours from Kathmandu to Chitwan.If you want a good view sit on the right hand side traveling down and the left back up,the roads are rough at best and dusty. In Chitwan do the Elephant back safari I was there 13th-20th Oct and saw rhinos,crocs,monkeys and deer,did the canoe trip down the river and had a croc swimming 6-8 feet away.Chitwan is a great place to chill and relax,go down to the river in the evening, sit by the river with a cold beer and watch the sun go down.

3. Re: chitwan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 28, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Chitwan National Park