We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can an agent arrange for my trekking on my arrival in KTM?

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 4
Can an agent arrange for my trekking on my arrival in KTM?

I'm a solo traveller and on budget.Can I get an agent to arrange 2 days trekking from KTM?What is the overall cost would be if the agent arrange everything for me?I dont mind to join other traveller.

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
reviews: 76
1. Re: Can an agent arrange for my trekking on my arrival in KTM?

You can arrange your trek upon arrival in Kathmandu. There are lots of agents in the streets of Thamel to arrange trekking for you. But personally, I would recommend you to book with recommended agents by regular travelers to have better experiences in Nepal. Most of the regular travelers in the forum have recommended agents.

The price depends on what you are looking for and where you are going. Generally your meal will cost about US$ 25 - per day, US$ 25 - a day for guide and about US$ 15 - per day for a porter. You may need permits too depending on the trekking routes.

Good Luck!

kathmandu
2. Re: Can an agent arrange for my trekking on my arrival in KTM?

Ya Of course ,An agent can arrange your all the tripe as well only trekking trip .But be careful with some agency they won't provide the facilities at the agreement.You just need to contact them and they will arranged the trip for you . The price will be differ from one to another.For your safety i have suggestion for you to book the trip through the Travel or Trekking Company .Best wish welcome in Nepal .

Cumbria
reviews: 12
3. Re: Can an agent arrange for my trekking on my arrival in KTM?

Arranging trekking once you have arrived in Nepal on the popular teahouse trekking routes is both simple and quick.

In fact you don’t even need an agent to organise it as all you need are a couple of permits which you can get yourself

However, if you are intending taking along trekking staff, then, personally I think using a local agent is the way to go.

A good option is to hire out a porter/guide and he will both guide you as well as carry 15k, so this saves you packing most of your gear, costs are $20 per day including his food and accommodation as well as his insurance but not transportation to and from the trail-head or tip + you will need to pay around $25 /$30 for your own food and accommodation, $30 ANCAP or $37.50 Langtang / Everest National Park Entrance and $10 TIMS ($20 if don’t take trekking staff or you organise this in advance through an agent) – This will work out a Lot cheaper than joining a group + you can walk at your own pace, stay where you want and eat where, what and when you want.

Good Luck and Happy Safe Trekking

Rob

Nepal
4. Re: Can an agent arrange for my trekking on my arrival in KTM?

Hi,

If you have just two days, better to do simple treks , which is known as Kathmandu - Chisapani - Sankhu treks.

Day first : Kathmandu to Sundarijal by local bus or by car and start to walk to Chhesapani. - Overnight in chhesapani.

Day second: Walk until Sankhu and take car for Kathmandu .

It is trek of shivapuri National Park.

The cost.

- National Park fee: $ 2.5.

- Guide cost : $ 15 Per days.

- Car ( drop to sundri jaal ) and pick up from Sankhu : $ 30

Accommodation, lunch, dinner and breakfast : $ 20 per day.

Guide will help to carry your bag if you give $8 per day more guide will help you.

If you need more information, please feel free to drop me message.

With best regards.

Baal

5. Re: Can an agent arrange for my trekking on my arrival in KTM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 02, 2014