We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Nepal first week of Sept for 5 or 6 days

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ella1550
reviews: 1
In Nepal first week of Sept for 5 or 6 days

I am going to Bhutan via Kathmandu. I am planing on staying in Nepal for 5 to 6 days on my return. I have no idea what to do or where to go.

An elephant safri sounds good, sight seeing, spa, yoga.... I just have no idea where or if these things are possiable. I dont think I will try treking on this trip.

Any help?

Kathmandu, Nepal
reviews: 3
1. Re: In Nepal first week of Sept for 5 or 6 days

Hi there,

if you have 5 spare days in Kathmandu I suggest you to see kathmandu valley,over night at nagarkot & 2 nighats 3 days for Jungle safari trip in chitwan you can follow below Itinerary.

Day 01: Kathmandu valley sightseeing( Kathmandu durbure square,Monkey temple,boudha nath stupa & pashupatinath temple)

Day 02: Mt everest Experience flight sightseeing in bhaktapur,patan 7 drive to Nagarkot for Over Night.

Day 03:See the beautiful sunrise with dramatic mountain views , you could see Everest mountain ranges as weel after breakfast drive to Chitwan via kathmandu .

Day 04: full day Jungle excursions.

Day 05:Drive back to Kathmandu.

Day 06:departures to your country.

Enjoy you both trip in Nepal & tibet

Edited: 8:33 am, May 20, 2011
Kathmandu
reviews: 6
2. Re: In Nepal first week of Sept for 5 or 6 days

nepaltourguide: Did ella1550 talked about Tibet?

There are couple of things of your interest possible to do between your time frame. I am sure that you will manage to do these things in and near Kathmandu.

Spa, Yoga and Sightseeing is possible inside Kathmandu. But for Jungle safari you need to go to Chitwan. There are 2 night 3 days package available for Chitwan Jungle Safari. Many companies in Kathmandu offer this services or you can directly contact a hotel in Chitwan for arranging Safari trip for you!

Edited: 8:55 am, May 20, 2011
3. Re: In Nepal first week of Sept for 5 or 6 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, May 21, 2011
Edited: 1:35 am, May 21, 2011
4. Re: In Nepal first week of Sept for 5 or 6 days

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:32 am, May 26, 2011
Kathmandu, Nepal
5. Re: In Nepal first week of Sept for 5 or 6 days

I would recommend you to do 1 or 2 days rafting trip on the way to Chitwan.

2night 3days package trip is what they always offer but you will enjoy there spend one more day there because I don't think 2days three night is enough.

I have been in different parts of Chitwan four times.

After you are back in Kathmandu spend spend a night in Bhakatapur and do a sight seeing there. It is a very relaxing place for a night.

You will have a very less day for yoga if you go to Chitwan.

Have a good trip to Bhutan.

Kathmandu, Nepal
reviews: 3
6. Re: In Nepal first week of Sept for 5 or 6 days

Kathmandu is amazing city full of magical art,architecher,many historical royal places ,temple,monastries & pagoda,s .so please do not miss to see all.

Singapore
reviews: 12
7. Re: In Nepal first week of Sept for 5 or 6 days

My suggestion as such:

Day 1: Fly or bus to chitwan

A short tour to Tharu village

Day 2:

Experiences Chitwan wildlife. (Check out the tour packages offer by the hotels or lodges in chitwan)

Day 3: Fly or bus back to Kathmandu

Tour Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudha Stupa and sunset at Swayambhu. Night shopping at thamel.

Day 4:

Morning Patan Durbar Square afternoon Bhaktapur Durbar Square.

Day 5:

Morning mountain flight should weather permits.

Yoga (Check out Bikram Yoga in thamel, certified teacher from USA)

Most places can be reach via taxi in kathmandu. Do bargain for the price. I do have a very good taxi driver but he can only understand very basic english. At times, I will get hotel staff or the security guard to help me to translate and speak to him over the phone. Do let me know should you need one.

Hope this will helps. Lastly, do check out the situation there, strikes are here and there during month of may/june 2011 and hopefully, by sept, everything should settle down.

NpjBnk
reviews: 53
8. Re: In Nepal first week of Sept for 5 or 6 days

Hi

Namaste

Nice to know you are planning to visit Nepal in September. You want to do yoga, jungle safari sight seeing etc within 5,6 days. I suggest you to extend your stay if you want to do all these things because jungle safari and yoga not enough for 2 days. Nepali major festivals start from late Aug to late Oct.A very significant festival of Kathmandu, Indrajatra falls on 11th Sep this year.So if you are in kathmandu it will be a bonus for you to feel the lively culture and tradition of Nepal.

You can choose yoga pacakge for 2N/3 days. It covers yoga, spa accomodation AP basis. I recommend Himalaya IntrnationalYoga Center or choose any you like. Third day you visit swayambhu near yoga center than go to Bhaktapur overnight in Nagarkot, See sunrise and than back. Visit Patan DS. Fly to chitwan (20 mins. last flight at 2.20pm USD 88). Spend 1N /2 D in chitwan and fly back to kathmandu. Visit Kathmandu DS, shopping at Thamel. On 6th dayfly backtoyour country.

Days start shortening from mid july an clearly feel from Sept. So, it will be a bit tight schedule for you.Better you stay longer and visit Pokhara too.

Hope this may help you.

Thank you

P.S. please log on these links may be helpful for you :

junglesafariresort.com/chitwan-package/1nigh…

sapanalodge.com/english_jungle_programme.php

http://www.yogainnepal.com/tariff.php

Pokhara
reviews: 32
9. Re: In Nepal first week of Sept for 5 or 6 days

Hi There Once you arrive in Kathmandu spend first Night & The Last night In Kathmandu why you can Fly next Day to Pokhara , (25 Min... 30~40 flights a day recommended Airlines Buddha / Yeti Fare $ 98 per person)

Pokahra ( a Second Bigest city of Nepal & A Capital of tourism)

Provides large range of Spa Sauna Jacuzzi Swiming polls Water front sunny Lake Beaches , have so many Yoga Centers Etc about the Jungle safari at list you rather have 2 Nights & 3 Days i dont think you time apply all this activities .

Enjoy Nepal Holiday

Kind Regards]

Hotel Glacier Pokhara

10. Re: In Nepal first week of Sept for 5 or 6 days

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, June 28, 2012