We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
istanbul
reviews: 31
which hotel

i ll be in kathmandu on February,

which hotel should i prefer?

yak and yeti or the courtyard? different class of hotels or same class?the courtyard have great reviews

NpjBnk
reviews: 53
1. Re: which hotel

Hi

Namaste

Choosing a hotel depends on your budget and requirements. There are several hotels and bed and breakfast suited for different budgets.If you want a luxury property Hyatt is the best. Besides Soaltee Crown Plaza, Radisson, Yak and Yeti, Shankar arae there. If your choice is luxury + authentic nepali culture and hospitality Dwarika's is the best. If you like choose medium range hotel Courtyard, Kantipur Temple, Mandap, Tibet GHouse , Kathmandu Guest house etc. There are several budget hotels in thamel. Bed and Breakfast like Muna's BnB, Asmita's BnB, Nepal BnB, Newa Chen are good options. Resort like Park village resort, Gokarna forest and golf resort, Chobhar resort etc. There are apartment hotels also.

Hope this may help you

Thank you

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Kathmandu
2. Re: which hotel

Hi Plasticbuddha,

First of all you are welcome in Nepal. I agree with above post. Hyatt is the best on Luxury high end segment & Dwarika's is perfect in typical Nepali concept hospitality. Yak & Yeti lies in the prime location, whereas Courtyard is in a corner of bustling Thamel area. However you would have more options to dine, entertainment, shopping etc. in Thamel.

Hope to have wonderful time !

istanbul
3. Re: which hotel

Namaste dear friends,

Thank you all for the answers.

My priority of choosing hotel is location and then luxury.

As i understand Yak and Yeti and Courtyard are in same areas(thamel).İ just want to go out of my hotel and feel the city without any transportation.

Kathmandu
4. Re: which hotel

Hi

Then, do not stop go for Yak & Yeti for luxury as well as location. It's not at Thamel rather at Kingway, though only 10 minutes walking distance between two locations.

All the very best !

WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 !!!

Edited: 7:14 am, December 25, 2009
Delft, The...
reviews: 56
5. Re: which hotel

Hi,

I can certainly recommend Ambassador Garden Home (Thamel). I was so content with that place that I wrote a review about that hotel ago a while ago. Service like that needs to be rewarded!

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Cheers!

Albert-Jan

istanbul
6. Re: which hotel

Hi again:)

What about Shanker and Crowne Plaza?

Does Shanker also in main area?Close to thamel in walking distance?

Also does Crowne Plaza?

if we make a listing how would it be for you ?Like that?

1-Yak and yeti

2-Crowne

3-Shanker

in tripadvisor Shanker above both two

NpjBnk
reviews: 53
7. Re: which hotel

Hi

Namaste

Hotel shankar is in Lazimpat Thamel and Durbar Marg (king's way) both are in few minutes walk. Yak and yeti is also in the location you prefer but I think Shankar hotel is better than YY....as above post suggests you can try Ambassador Garden Home..

Soaltee Crown Plaza is a good hotel but it is a bit far from it.

For location you can think upon Annapurna Hotel ( one of the oldest hotels in Kathmandu) which is in the King's way former royal palace turned museum is just two minutes walk, KFC, Pizzahut and other many tourist class restaurants, malls etc are in its neighboourhood. Thamel is just 15 minutes walk from the hotel.

Thank you

Kathmandu
8. Re: which hotel

HI,

I don't know why people so much likes Ambassdor Garden Home. This is just a tiny hostle in the busiest juction of Thamel with no luxury amenities still charging far above it standard. And also Hotel Shankar is far from the standard that Yak Yeti & Crown Plaza offer; also Shankar occupy the old Rana building.

Rest to your own decision.

Thanks,

istanbul
9. Re: which hotel

Namaste,

welcomenepal and Hiddenpc thanks so much for your helps.

i think i m gonna choose the Yak and yeti:)

MaineUSA
reviews: 66
10. Re: which hotel

Plastic:

We've stayed at the Yak and Yeti. You'll be fine there.