We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nepal in early-mid August

Which Nepal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nepal in early-mid August

Hi there,

My partner and I are flying into Nepal for a week in early to mid August.

Given it is monsoon season, do you have any suggestions for what we should do or where we should go?

We aren't too fussed about going trekking, happy just to be there and experience the country.

Many thanks in advance,

Niiz

kathmandu
1. Re: Nepal in early-mid August

Hello. Welcome to Nepal.You can visit three most beautiful place in Kathmandu valley. That three places are famous for its old house , temples and ancient palaces, Moreover you can travel city called Pokhara which is full of natural scenery and can view the great himalayas. By the way when will u be here . If possible lets meet you guys.

2. Re: Nepal in early-mid August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, April 27, 2013
Kathmandu, Nepal
reviews: 1
3. Re: Nepal in early-mid August

It is not that nice but it is ok to do trek in Langtang trekking Area. last August i have done , that was ok not bad if you would like join with us. I have plan this year as well that time with my other friend.

Bhim

Denmark
reviews: 14
4. Re: Nepal in early-mid August

Hmmm....fitting a Langtang Trek into a weeks stay during monsoon to a visitor travelling in and out by plane! Amazing.....or amusing?

Could you post an itinerary for that?

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 137
5. Re: Nepal in early-mid August

if you want to see the cultural aspect of nepal (ktm valley in specific) - monsoon season is ok . becasue of the rain, ktm valley air will be cleaner and dust free. it will rain probably quite frequently - you just have to time your travel arround it.

#2 has excellent list on what to do.

Cumbria
reviews: 12
6. Re: Nepal in early-mid August

Thanks for your kind words about my “List” neupaneaj

Alas my reply was again deleted – But on this occasion I take it as a compliment as I Must be getting under the skins of the Nepali Posters who think these boards are only there for them to use for their own business

I see that the quality of some of their advice is still suspect – Langtang in Monsoon – Definitely doable as I know scoodly has trekked the route at this time of year – But far from perfect + the leeches will love you

Oh Hum

Rob

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Nepal in early-mid August

i am going to nepal on august can i join ur group ?

chiamfong@hotmail.com

8. Re: Nepal in early-mid August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 21, 2014