We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on Rajasthan

Which India hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Need advice on Rajasthan

I am planning to go to Rajasthan and looking for advice on the best possible route. Here is what my ity looks like, but I'd appreciate any advice on altering it for the better.I am having to retrace to Jodhpur a second time so that I get to Udaipur. Is this the only way to go about it or could someone suggest a more interesting twist to this.

Also need advice on whether this trip is too rushed and if I should add extra days and where?

Day 1: Arrive Jaipur

Day 2: Jaipur

Visit Hava Mahal, Amber fort, Jantar Mantar and City Palace.

Day 3: Jaipur to Jodhpur (350 kms 6 hrs)

After breakfast leave for Jodhpur. En route visit Pushkar Temple, arrival and transfer to the hotel. In the evening go shopping at the Giridikot or Sardar market. Overnight at Jodhpur.

Day 4: Jodhpur to Jaisalmer (300 Kms 5 / 6 hrs)

After breakfast visit Ummed palace, Mehrangarh and Jaswant Thada and then proceed to Jaisalmer. Overnight at Jaisalmer.

Day 5: Jaisalmer

After breakfast excursion to Sam desert and camel safari there, half day visit to Jaisalmer fort and Havelis. Bonfire and cultural program in the evening. Overnight at Jaisalmer.

Day 6: Jaisalmer to Jodhpur (300 Kms 5 / 6 hrs)

After breakfast, departure to Jodhpur. On the way visit some villages to see the settlements of the Bishnoi Tribal community who are famous for their reverence for plant and animal life. These villages are also known for colourful rugs and handicrafts. Arrival at Jodhpur and transfer to Hotel. Evening visit to Mandore garden. Overnight at Jodhpur.

Day 7: Jodhpur to Udaipur (300 Km 6 hrs)

After breakfast drive to Udaipur. Enroute visit Ancient Ranakpur Jain temples. Evening at leisure and shopping. Overnight stay at Udaipur.

Day 8: Udaipur

After Break fast full day sight seeing of Udaipur. Visit City palace, Jagdish temple, Sahelion ki Baadi and Ahar Museum. Evening boat ride in historic Lake Pichola (Boat ride cost@ Rs 325 per person). Overnight at Udaipur.

Day 9: Udaipur to return journey

Drop at Udaipur railway station or airport for onward journey to Mumbai.

Cheers,

Piya

Sydney
reviews: 4
1. Re: Need advice on Rajasthan

"I am having to retrace to Jodhpur a second time so that I get to Udaipur. Is this the only way to go about it or could someone suggest a more interesting twist to this."

I think most people probably do it your way, and visit Jodhpur twice, as the train between Jodhpur and Jaisalmer is rather conveniently-timed. However, there are also three trains a day from Jaipur to Bikaner (Trains 200, 2468, 4737... this last one is a very convenient overnight train, from 22:55 to 07:25), and there are both day and overnight trains, as well as buses, between Bikaner and Jaisalmer, and while I was never able to do it that way, I always thought that maybe this would be an interesting "twist". After Jaisalmer, you then go on to Jodhpur (for the first and only time), and the rest of your itinerary (Jodhpur-Udaipur)is the same as originally.

Lou Castellou De...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Need advice on Rajasthan

Hi Piya,

I have noticed that you traveling by road, which is good as Rajasthan is best done by road (Road conditions are also excellent).

I would suggest instead of stopping at Jodhpur while coming from Jaisalmer you may choose to to stop at Rohet or Ranakpur (both of these are one night destinations)

OR

Jaipur - Bikaner - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Udaipur by road

OR

In case you would like to take a train then option would be

Jaipur to Jaisalmer by train

Jaisalmer - Jodhpur by road

Jodhpur - Udaipur by road

Cheers...

3. Re: Need advice on Rajasthan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 12, 2009