We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reduced Trip advisor reviews from our account

Which Uganda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kampala-Uganda
reviews: 8
Reduced Trip advisor reviews from our account

We are wondering what really happened to our account of Trip advisor. Previously we have been rated with 24 reviews of which 21 are excellent and 3 very good. Of recent our account now has a total of 15, 13 excellent and 2 very good.

Could this be anew trip advisor way of doing things especially making upgrades in case these are underway or someone could have deleted them and how could this happen

I very well know , these are people's opinions but on the other hand, they help our potential clients to make decisions on whether to book with you or not

Could someone out there explain to us why this happened and how it happened? Can we have our reviews back? We respected our clients comments regarding our services that give more insight on our transparent operations regarding our services

Edris- African Pearl Safaris

Kampala-Uganda
reviews: 8
11. Re: Reduced Trip advisor reviews from our account

Well, thank you all for your views and comments well received. You will permit me to present to you my opinion to each post from members as written and posted in this forum

Weeding reviews, I think this is unusual and I have not seen it happening even to properties or companies that have old reviews for the last 5 years; our reviews have only been generated in the 18 months and am ruling out this. Or else someone could explain to us what might cause weeding of reviews from TA account other than violating the rules and guidelines of TA. APS has never and will not override the guidelines of TA

Am seconding my brother that has stated that this is something that TA technical team should address and as users we should get to know what is going on. I very know that reviews posted here at TA are people’s opinions (not facts) but in the recent world and booking trends these are proving to be leading as they justify an operators service to past clients and to a group of clients called Methodological and Humanistic, these greatly look at who say what on you including TA the most ranked platform for sharing travel experience across the globe.

I have companies and lodges that clients denounce because of their negative reviews, as a tour operator many clients tell me that do not book me this lodge reason he or she has read about it from TA with “Terrible” so am minding a lot and seeking for justification as to why we lost over 9 excellent reviews

Shelly, you position is very clear, you talked about not clicking the verification email sent from TA to post and confirm the review, As APS we are not supposed to receive this verification email due to the fact that reviews are posted from clients account and it sis from their confirmation to that email these reviews are posted after I think in the next 48hrs. The 9 removed reviews have lived for the last 18 month and more. All in all your much efforts regarding Aps issues from TA is appreciated as our destination manager and we believe you will trace this wrong

Hans, Thank you so much for the link provided herein and I have logged in this complaint and we will share the feedback from TA team

Finally, we are wondering if the lost reviews can be recovered???????

Edris-African Pearl Safaris

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
12. Re: Reduced Trip advisor reviews from our account

Dear Edris,

My view is that the reviews of your company breach guidelines.

Do you see that Green Bar at the top of this page that starts "Home" on the left and ends with "Write a Review!" Click on that button and you get four choices.

Hotel-Holiday Rental-Attraction- Resort.

Which one are you?

"Attractions" are such things as Rafting at Jinja, Canoeing at Bunyoni. It does not cover Safaris.

Again if you select "Attractions" you are asked to recommend a time to view the attraction. there is no 'box' for two or more days. That is because a Safari to Bwindi or Murchison is not an attraction as it involves an overnight stay.

It really is as simple as that. Take the problem up with TA from hans's link but you may find all reviews disappear.

Or ask TA to re-instate them or give reasons.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 90
13. Re: Reduced Trip advisor reviews from our account

There was a huge fiasco on Tanzania site last summer. Mfuwe and I well know how it went and what the impact is. I recommend taking what you have and leave the matter be. A squeaky wheel may get grease (in positive action) or it may be totally replaced. Many companies have no "reviews" and are still very successful Uganda TOs. Their support comes from client reviews. That is, in my opinion, where they should be generated.

Despite what has been said above, TA does remove posts that do not comply with the framework of the review parameter.

Arusha, Tanzania
reviews: 6
14. Re: Reduced Trip advisor reviews from our account

I run a TO and we often have clients ask why we don't have any reviews or a page on TA. That must mean we don't exist in their minds. I think it could be very useful if TA added a section for TOs, why should those that run day trips get this huge advantage over those that run longer trips. It could help clients leave feedback and others learn about good and bad trips. On the other hand it could also be misused, but I doubt it would be any more misused than the hotel reviews.

Isle of Man, United...
15. Re: Reduced Trip advisor reviews from our account

My view exactly bdj. Why can't folks review a Safari Operation? Try asking TA that one. (It would save us a lot of effort on here for one thing.)

And yes, it would be as reliable as many Hotel and Restaurant reviews BUT most folks read them all and get a feel for the odd cranky one, good or bad!

(Psst! You can tell me. Which T/O? Nobody else need know!)

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
16. Re: Reduced Trip advisor reviews from our account

I came on this purely by chance.

On the Tanzania forum many reviews of companies were removed because they didn't meet the TA guidelines... safari reviews were posted in the Day Trips section. Some companies had all their reviews removed up to a 100 or more in one instance.

If you read the reviews now for Tanzania Day Trips and see that a reviewer has mentioned he did a 7 day safari for example..and somebody complains then there is a good chance it will be removed.

You will also now notice many reviewers are being coached and mention the company but not the number of days they were on safari so it "could" be a day trip.

African Pearl safaris I am guessing a competitor is trying to get at your company by asking that your reviews which don't meet the strict guidelines be removed.

Isle of Man, United...
17. Re: Reduced Trip advisor reviews from our account

Welcome to Uganda Forum New Expert.

I think you have it about right.

18. Re: Reduced Trip advisor reviews from our account

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 29, 2014