We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

group travel

Which Uganda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
group travel

We are a group of 5 people planning a visit to Uganda arriving on 22nd July for about 10 days.

We would like to have a gorilla safari, visit the local people, see the chimpanzee departing from Kampala. We have contacted a number of travel agencies but we seem not to get what we want.

We are looking for simple but nice accommodations, especially the ones located near the local villages!

We welcome all ideas from anyone of you who has done such a trip, we have planed for this trip for sometime.

Many thanks.

Brenda

From the UK

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
1. Re: group travel

Forget UK Travel Agencies. You could try Naturetrek in Hampshire. they amy help.

Othersise I always suggest you selct a few local Operators in Uganda and book direct for a bespoke trip. five of you in one car will keep costs low.

Kampala
Destination Expert
for Kampala
reviews: 66
2. Re: group travel

Hmmm!

Apart from apes, what is the main purpose of your trip? What sights do you want to see? I am not sure you will find "nice accommodations" in/near villages. What are you hoping to gain by this? Maybe if you could expand then we can help more easily.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
3. Re: group travel

Oh come now Shelly. You can get nice accomodations in/near many villages.

Take Bwindi. Nkuringo area has some. Buhoma has lots.(too many) Ruhija has a few. Katanguru too. Bigodi/Kanyanchu?

I do agree the 'brief' is somewhat puzzling though.

London, United...
4. Re: group travel

Ndali lodge,Kyambura game lodge,Katara lodge,king fisher lodge,most of lodges in buhoma,clouds lodge all near communities and they also pay back to local communities.

Kampala
Destination Expert
for Kampala
reviews: 66
5. Re: group travel

I think you know what I was getting at mf!

Good call monker, there are several others that do this too. Mihingo Lodge does cattle compensation, when the cats take them down.

UGANDA
reviews: 31
6. Re: group travel

Brendah ,

There are some nice reviews that have been written on this forum about some good tour operators. Please try to contact some of them and see. I am sure they will not fail to give you a nice quote .

London, United...
7. Re: group travel

Thank you everyone for your contribution we really appreciate.

But what were are looking at is a ten days cultural, wildlife, gorilla and local communities visit in Uganda. We are young people looking forward to learn about Uganda, and its our every first time in Africa. It may be a short time but we want to make it productive.

For anyone who has done this trip before please help us with a rough estimate of how much we would use and which local travel agencies we should use. We have booked our tickets already so we are sure of our travel date.

Thank you again

Kampala, Uganda
8. Re: group travel

Brenda

Your point is well noted. If you need to book with a local agency, you can contact different AUTO Members. Once you state your needs and interests, there are very many lodges near the local communities.

Kampala
9. Re: group travel

I think for Ideas, please contact Pearls of Uganda Website, it has a list of all community and cultural projects around National Parks. COBATI (Community Based Tourism Association is yet another website you can visit-They deal in several cultural and community products that include "Home Stay programs" as compared to Lodges. UCOTA website is also another important one to visit. Once you have done the abover, combine your other interests and then contact Tour Operators in Uganda and see who provides better advice to make your tour educational, interesting yet affordable. I wish you the best

10. Re: group travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 03, 2014