We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari 2 Gorilla Tours - Great Tour Guides

London, United...
reviews: 10
Safari 2 Gorilla Tours - Great Tour Guides

I have traveled around Uganda four times with Safari2GorillaTours as my guides. They make each trip very special and definitely trips I will remember fondly for the rest of my life.

Aron is the perfect tour guide, knowledgeable, friendly and trustworthy. All the vehicles are reliable and very comfortable.

I have visited Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Lake Mburo.

For my next trip, I am going to use Safari2GorillaTours to visit Murchison Falls National Park and Mount Elgon National Park.

I recommend Aron and Safari 2 Gorilla Tours to anyone visiting Uganda or Rwanda, who require a great Safari trip or even just an airport transfer from Kigali or Entebbe to their lodge.

Based in Kabale town, they are perfectly situated for all the major National Parks in Uganda and Rwanda. I really enjoyed staying in Kabale town myself too.

Their email is info@safari2gorilla.com or mugishaaron@gmail.com and their website is http://safari2gorilla.com

Chris Mee

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 199
21. Re: Safari 2 Gorilla Tours - Great Tour Guides

Spounds like you are having fun andy. Good luck and thanks for keeping us informed.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 1
22. Re: Safari 2 Gorilla Tours - Great Tour Guides

Thanks so much for the update!!

Tynemouth, England
reviews: 5
23. Re: Safari 2 Gorilla Tours - Great Tour Guides

So unfortunately we are now home in cold, grey England. I will put up a full summary of my trip and photos soon, but thought I should finish the tale I started.

We moved on to Kyambura Gorge to have our second chimp experience. This was much more of an adventure and a better view of the chimps - although we got lucky as the morning group missed the chimps altogether. Chimps were on opposite river bank so found ourselves crawling across a log bridge for the first time since we were kids. Met a group of 5 chimps that we saw on ground and in trees (including a baby). They even crossed the log bridge in front of us on way back!

Unfortunately we did not manage to see tree climbing lions in Ishasha, but saw plenty of other wildlife, and we weren't here for cats having previously seen plenty at close range in South Africa.

Moved onto Bwindi for mind blowing (if exhausting) experience! Area and its people are beautiful. We stayed at Nkuringo and really enjoyed the accommodation, friendly enthusiastic staff, camp fire and food. Most important (and I feel slightly wanky saying 'life changing' as a grown man, but feel it) was seeing the gorillas. It was a long day - 8am briefing to 4pm return to ranger station - and it was bloody hard work on tough terrain (take a porter each to push and pull you when it gets tough!) but it was worth every effort to spend time with these incredible animals!

Bird's Nest at Bunyoni was gorgeous and a nice comfortable reward for our exertions. If you can, take 2 days to recuperate here. One night felt like an injustice.

Lake Mburo was great, but a bit of a come-down after the high of seeing the gorillas. Lots of very tolerant zebra, monkeys and various deer.

Would I recommend Uganda and Safari 2 Gorilla. Oh yes! Incredible country and great company. Aron even met us for a drink at Bunyoni to check we were happy and enjoying the trip. I have already promised my daughter that I will take her if she does well in her exams next year, although I will probably mix things up by concentrating on gorillas and chimps and combining trip to Rwanda.

Victoria, Canada
24. Re: Safari 2 Gorilla Tours - Great Tour Guides

Thank you so much for the post!!! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Isle of Man, United...
25. Re: Safari 2 Gorilla Tours - Great Tour Guides

Good to hear that you have made it home safely. Cold is it not??

Looking forward to hearing the full story and maybe wallowing in some of your photos.

San Francisco...
reviews: 69
26. Re: Safari 2 Gorilla Tours - Great Tour Guides

Reviving this old thread hoping someone will post a Trip Report who has used Safari 2 Gorilla Tours since I am considering using them for a safari in 2014. andrewjcurry? How about you? Any photos to share and more detailed trip report? Would like to hear from those who have used this company.

Victoria, Canada
27. Re: Safari 2 Gorilla Tours - Great Tour Guides

I just returned from a safari with Aron and everything was wonderful. He is extremely well organized and picked great places for us to stay (ranging from fun eco-lodge to upscale). We had an amazing time going to Murchison Falls, Queen Elizabeth, Bwindi, etc. I would definitely recommend Safari 2 Gorilla!!!

Isle of Man, United...
28. Re: Safari 2 Gorilla Tours - Great Tour Guides

Welcome home Gina.

So maybe we will get some pictures from you instead of Andrew who seems to have gone shy with us?

Edited: 6:58 am, June 21, 2013
Victoria, Canada
29. Re: Safari 2 Gorilla Tours - Great Tour Guides

Thanks Mfuwe...I'm not sure how to put photos on this site. I'm going to put some on the safari 2 gorilla facebook page this weekend though:)

Isle of Man, United...
30. Re: Safari 2 Gorilla Tours - Great Tour Guides

What most folks do is use a 'Gallery' such as Photobucket or Flicker and then provide a link.