We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

African Adventure Safaris/Gorilla Trekking Rwanda

Which Uganda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Budgewoi, Australia
reviews: 2
African Adventure Safaris/Gorilla Trekking Rwanda

We travelled to Rwanda in Sept 2012 to go gorilla treking and were lucky enough to use African Adventure Safaris. They provided a reliable ,individualised service. Our guide (William) was a knowledgable, pleasant safe driver who was available 24/7. After each trek/activity he could be found waiting for us on our return. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble/negotiating prices/arranging birthday cakes/sorting all hotel bookings/ treks and queries with no difficulty. Our vehicle was clean/with not a single breakdown...at no time did we feel that there were any hidden agendas. William /African Adventure Safaris made our holiday in Rwanda stress free...our only regret is we did not spend longer in this amazing country. Lea, Australia

6 replies to this topic
Kampala
Destination Expert
for Kampala
reviews: 66
1. Re: African Adventure Safaris/Gorilla Trekking Rwanda

Maybe this should have been posted on the Rwanda forum - just a thought...

Budgewoi, Australia
reviews: 2
2. Re: African Adventure Safaris/Gorilla Trekking Rwanda

We put a review here because we understood this company (and our driver)

was based in Uganda.....doing trips in both countries.

Kampala, Uganda
3. Re: African Adventure Safaris/Gorilla Trekking Rwanda

It is great to know that you enjoyed your time in Uganda.

Kampala, Uganda
4. Re: African Adventure Safaris/Gorilla Trekking Rwanda

well be back Lea and great to know that you enjoyed your trip

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 6
5. Re: African Adventure Safaris/Gorilla Trekking Rwanda

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I booked with this company this past July. The tour was fine but I had $500.00 stolen from me. The first time was the day I arrived. I had $300.00 stolen--either from my hotel safe or by the guide they sent me for the first day. The second time I had $200.00 stolen from my hotel safe. My guide/driver told me he reported this to the head office but when I reviewed my trip for them and mentioned the theft, they said they had not know about it. Nicolas said that he would investigate, which he started to to do but in the end, no final report was issued and they stopped answering my emails. Of course, the hotels and guided denied stealing the money but it was stolen.

On a professional level, they should have offered to help me file a police report so that I could at least try and make a claim to my insurance company. I felt they really did not handle this well,everyone blaming everyone else and no one taking any responsibility. They also lied to me on several occasions. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Kampala, Uganda
6. Re: African Adventure Safaris/Gorilla Trekking Rwanda

Which hotels?

Reply to: African Adventure Safaris/Gorilla Trekking Rwanda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted