We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Active African Vacations

Which Uganda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MONROE
reviews: 6
Active African Vacations

If anyone is looking for a guide/ car hire for the Uganda/Rwanda ACTIVE AFRICAN VACATIONS is definitely recommended. Billy our guide was very helpful at making arrangements for everything from gorilla trekking, safaris, and national park visits. He works with you through out you trip and maintains a fun and flexible attitude, which allowed us to make changes to our agenda as we learned of the new and exciting things to do along the way. I high recommend him and his company if you are visiting Uganda. He can plan a trip for you or simply work with your itinerary and make all arrangements for you before you arrive then serve as a great, fun guide.

-Dennis

37 replies to this topic
State College...
1. Re: Active African Vacations

I used him the last time I went to Uganda. Agree with all the great things written above. He is University trained and really takes care of you. I recommend Active African Vacations all the time. I am planning another trip next year and definitely will call AAS. Fantastic trip!

kigali
reviews: 1
2. Re: Active African Vacations

I had a fantastic trip with them in 2008.

Port Matilda...
3. Re: Active African Vacations

The trip of a lifetime was made possible through Active African Vacations. We visited Uganda and Kenya. Our guide/driver was very knowledgeable and professional. He took care of all our needs beyond our expectations. We went on safaris, whitewater rafting, gorilla trekking and visited several national parks. Uganda is a beautiful country and should be on everyone's list of places to visit. I would love to go back and will try to get there in 2013.

Washington DC, USA
reviews: 1
4. Re: Active African Vacations

After reading all of the feedback, I couldn't agree more. My incredible trip through Rwanda, Uganda and even a foot in Congo was all made possible with Active African Vacations. They worked with me before I arrived and had a schedule organized for me. However my guide was also very flexible to adjust as we needed/wanted to. I was convinced to go to Uganda from a friend who used to live in Kampala. It ended up being my favorite part of my East Africa stay. I went on safaris, gorilla trekking, golden monkey trekking, white water rafting and national park exploring. Uganda is really undiscoverable if you don't have a guide and 4WDrive truck. Active African Vacations took care of everything from start to finish in a professional yet flexible and fun manner. Two thumbs up for my experience! I enjoyed it so much I am thinking about coming back with my parents. I would only trust Active African Vacations with the travel plans for my elderly parents.

Manilla Australia
5. Re: Active African Vacations

I am 74 years old and travelled to Sudan (with my granddaughter to) visit my daughter. Over the Holiday season in December /Jan of this year we holidayed in Uganda and were fortunate enough to have Billy from Active African Vacations as a guide. Billy not only cared for the young ones in their more adventurous activities but also ensured that I was well looked after with the safaris and cruises that we went on. Well done Billy! Well done Active African Vacations......Mabee

kampala
6. Re: Active African Vacations

Thank you for appreciating the little that we offered to you,

Edited: 12:02 pm, March 21, 2012
Kampala
Destination Expert
for Kampala
reviews: 66
7. Re: Active African Vacations

....and perhaps you mean, "Thank you for posting those 5 complimentary posts when asked."

Edited: 12:24 pm, March 21, 2012
kampala
8. Re: Active African Vacations

Sherry, I think we shouldn't make this a discussion between our selves , i know you always feel jealousy over what people comment about me and ACTIVE AFRICAN VACATIONS. i know you operate safaris here in Uganda, you just have to provide quality service then at the end clients will always comment positively to your company.

kampala
9. Re: Active African Vacations

hahahahaha

kampala
10. Re: Active African Vacations

Hi A A Vacations this is now between you and SherryRM so its better for you to inbox each other but on this T A forum..

Reply to: Active African Vacations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted