We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild Uganda Safaris

Kent, United Kingdom
reviews: 150
Wild Uganda Safaris

Has anyone used Wild Uganda Safaris and have any comments about them?

Any comments about gorilla tracking during the wet season (April) is also appreciated.

Bwindi Impenetrable...
1. Re: Wild Uganda Safaris

Hi Angus,

Although it is called the wet/rainy season, this does not always mean that it will rain as the weather in the forest is very unpredictable. The times that i have been in Bwindi during April the weather has been very mixed. Generally it has been chilly in the morning, warm by mid day, sudden down pour of rain around 2pm for 1.5hours and then it dries up! Obviously though this is not a fine science!

Make sure you take a rain mac that is easy to carry and you can put it on as soon as the rain comes down. The Gorilla tracking may be a little slippy if it does rain but that enhances the experience!

As for Wild Uganda Safaris I have not had the pleasure of working with them yet so cant pass any comment.

I hope this helps and have a great trip!

Stanwood, Washington
2. Re: Wild Uganda Safaris

I will be happy to give you a recommendation for Wild Uganda Safaris. I travel to Uganda on a yearly basis and always use them and their service. I have had nothing but good experieces with them. The drivers are honest, trustworthy and relyable. They are knowledgeable about the country, the wildlife and the culture.

Their rates are very competitive to other travel companies and they have a selection of vehicles to rent from Vans with a pop-up top for safari's, SUV's and cars.

I had worked once with a different company on a trip but the drivers were always late and dishonest. After I learned my lesson that trip I have always used Wild Uganda Safaris and will never consider using a different travel company when I am there.

I hope this helps you with your decision about using them or not but I really do highly recommed them and trust their honesty so much.

I have never hiked to see the Gorillas in April but have been there in January. You will love the Bwindi area if that is where you are planning to go to. It's beautiful there and I also highly recommend the Batwa Culteral Experience. You will get to spend the day with the Batwa Pygmies and learn about how they lived in the forest and off the land until they were forced out of the forest. Their singing and dancing is amazing.

have a wonderful triip!

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 199
3. Re: Wild Uganda Safaris

It is always rainy season in Bwindi. This is a mountain climate and mountains mean rain. Don't worry about it. Take a waterproof in your luggage, a pair of stout boots and just take what comes.

I once trekked in 'miserable' conditions but as we got higher we climbed out on top and the Gorillas were basking in sunshine to dry out. Amazing pictures for the price of a few damp socks and muddy boots.

Paula. Your accolade reads just like a brochure!

Kampala
reviews: 14
4. Re: Wild Uganda Safaris

April is a rainy season. Last evening We had a heavy down pour that lasted for 1 hour in Kampala and the sorrounding.

Bwindi is located in a hilly area and the forest its self form rain clouds that lead to sudden down pours during any time of the day and night.

Just be prepared for rain fall.

Kampala
Destination Expert
for Kampala
reviews: 73
5. Re: Wild Uganda Safaris

An hour?! We had rain all night, and just up to ten o'clock this am! Micro-climate here.. all depends which hill you are on!!

Edited: 11:35 am, April 01, 2012
Isle of Man, United...
6. Re: Wild Uganda Safaris

Well you got seven to choose from. And you are just as wet after one hour as six. Pour another Waragi. The sun is out now!

Kampala, Uganda
reviews: 2
7. Re: Wild Uganda Safaris

I know wild Uganda Safaris based in Kampala and they offer trips in Uganda,Rwanda.

Minneapolis...
8. Re: Wild Uganda Safaris

I used Wild Uganda Safaris when in Uganda on business in 2011. The drivers were reliable and knowledgeable. I traveled in Kampala and south of Kampala to rural areas.

Isle of Man, United...
9. Re: Wild Uganda Safaris

Welcome to the Forum Becky. What a happy coincidence that the day you joined you found a post. Much the same happened to your friend Paula too only a couple of days back. The ways of the world never cease to amaze me.

Kampala
Destination Expert
for Kampala
reviews: 73
10. Re: Wild Uganda Safaris

Don't worry.. most people are adept at seeing through this tactic!

And excuse me, but waragi? Do I look like I've got paint to thin??! G&T on the vwandah for me!