We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arriving at midnight on a saturday - how to exchange euros?

Which Dakar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coimbra, Portugal
reviews: 52
arriving at midnight on a saturday - how to exchange euros?

I will be arriving Dakar on a saturday, around midnight. I will have to take a taxi to my hotel. Where and how can I get CFA enough? Any exchange offices at the airport? Any ATM machines?I will have some euros and my debit and credit card with me, what should i use?.

Kampala, Uganda
reviews: 2
1. Re: arriving at midnight on a saturday - how to exchange euros?

Exchange shop open 24hours at the airport and also ATM my machines on arrival gates also note that the ATM accepts vicar card only..

Amsterdam, The...
2. Re: arriving at midnight on a saturday - how to exchange euros?

the atm at the airport also used to take maestro

Coimbra, Portugal
3. Re: arriving at midnight on a saturday - how to exchange euros?

thank you both

4. Re: arriving at midnight on a saturday - how to exchange euros?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, January 19, 2014
dakar
5. Re: arriving at midnight on a saturday - how to exchange euros?

Hi Jmpff, it is very simple to change your money, either by the machines at the airport or you can ask the authorities at the airport. Be-careful with the advice you got here as some of them are opportunist.

Coimbra, Portugal
6. Re: arriving at midnight on a saturday - how to exchange euros?

well, i am already in Dakar and what i can say is: yes, it is easy to exchange. At the airport, there is a exchange counter, where i did exchanged some euros. Rate: 655 FCFA for each euro, the same i found in all the exchange bureaus

I believe the rate at ATM can be 655.967, official rate, but usually there are taxes you have to pay to your bank...

Exchange rate at banks happens to be worst, because, even if they say they pay 655.967, at the end the charge you a 2%(?) comission, plus some tax, so you get only about 648 or something.

So, exchange bureaus, at the aiport or in town are the best deals, for me.

7. Re: arriving at midnight on a saturday - how to exchange euros?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dakar