We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music Festivals????

Which Dakar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 22
Music Festivals????

I would like to plan a trip around attending a music festival in Senegal, and possibly Dakar specifically, but while I can find a lot of references to the different music festivals in the area, I can't find dates for 2011.

Can anyone point me to some websites that might help?

Thanks so much!

Dakar, Senegal
reviews: 1
1. Re: Music Festivals????

You JUST MISSED the biggest one - Fesman, Dec 11 thru the 31st. It was totally free.

Try Kaay Fecc (let's dance) on google or the Jazz festival in St Louis

SenegalStyle

St. Petersburg...
2. Re: Music Festivals????

Hello,

thank you for the info, and don't you know please if there is a festival in Senegal - Dakar or Saint Louis probably - 21st June 2011?

I would really appreciate your kind reply

Dakar, Senegal
reviews: 134
3. Re: Music Festivals????

It depends on the music your coming for..the next festival is International Choral Festival "The Chorus in unison", reinforcing the international dimension of the 2011 edition. Scheduled for April 30 at 7 May 2011, in Dakar,

After that.......the weather gets very hot, wet and its becomes low season for many.

Boston...
4. Re: Music Festivals????

I'll be in Dakar 23-29 May on a research trip. Would there by chance be any music festivals around that time? - Best wishes. JF

Dakar, Senegal
reviews: 1
5. Re: Music Festivals????

Saint Louis Jazz Fest is this weekend! I'm looking for people to share a private car up (20,000cfa pp). Email me at SenegalStyle@gmail.com or call 777 915 469 locally here in Dakar.

South Africa
6. Re: Music Festivals????

Hi my name is Mpumi and I`m from South Africa. I`m a singer who has a CD under her name. I would like to find out about the festival who do you talk to when you want to perform on the festival. Reply please on this mail: Sizani5sana@yahoo.com

Edited: 7:59 am, July 04, 2011
New Orleans...
7. Re: Music Festivals????

Will be in Dakar Oct. - Nov. 2011 any festivals or other fun attraction at this time ?

Mbour
8. Re: Music Festivals????

I think Kafoutine festival will take place around December but the exat dates are not set yet.I will keep you informed.

Kind regards.

Garaya

9. Re: Music Festivals????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 11, 2012