We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming Trip to Dakar, Senegal

Which Dakar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Upcoming Trip to Dakar, Senegal

Hello.....my name is Lizandra and I will be visiting Thies and Dakar, Africa for the first time. Since I don't speak French, I would like to know if I can hire a translator during my visit. If so, how can I obtain a contact in Senegal to assist me? I will be visiting Senegal on August 3rd.

Further, I would like to stay in a home setting verses a hotel. I understand Senegal have inexpensive rental properties that comes with maid services and meals. Is that true? If so, what agency can I contact?

Let me know and thanks!

Lizandra

Dakar, Senegal
reviews: 1
1. Re: Upcoming Trip to Dakar, Senegal

Hello Lizandra and GREETINGS from Dakar!

Hiring a translator (or do you need a guide?) is this professional or for tourism?

Regarding rentals with meals, there is a listing right here on www.TripAdvisor.com - look under the bed & breakfast section!

SenegalStyle

Maryland
2. Re: Upcoming Trip to Dakar, Senegal

Hi and thank you so much. This is my first trip to Senegal and I am very nervous. I want to ensure my trip is succesful, but don't understand French. Since I never been there, I will love to have a guide who speaks English. If you know of anyone, please let me know. I leave to Africa on 8/11 for about a week. This trip mean a lot to me and want to ensure I have a nice time. I will also travel to Thies for a day.

Regards,

Lizandra

Maryland
3. Re: Upcoming Trip to Dakar, Senegal

I failed to tell you that my trip is for vacation purposes not business.

4. Re: Upcoming Trip to Dakar, Senegal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:35 am, December 11, 2009