We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kigali Airport to Nyungwe National Park.

Which Kigali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kampala
reviews: 6
Kigali Airport to Nyungwe National Park.

Hullo every one,

Can any one help me with information and possibilities of arriving at Kigali International Airport in the morning and taking public transport to Nyungwe National Park on the same day.

What is the best budget lodge in Nyungwe and how much is it for transport and accommodation.

Thanks in advance

Rob.

New York City, New...
1. Re: Kigali Airport to Nyungwe National Park.

Yes, it is possible. You can take a SOTRA mini-bus from the central bus station south to Nyungwe and be dropped off about five hours later on the road in front of the Gisakura Guesthouse. Check out the following for further information, including links to some recent travelers reports on Lonely Planet's Thorntree Forum and the Bradt Guide's Rwanda Nyungwe updates page:

www.NyungwePark.com

Facebook: facebook.com/pages/…327232577364149

califonia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Kigali Airport to Nyungwe National Park.

This can be done but the drive is long , step slopes , there's a lot to miss to see if you go by public if doesn't affect your pocked please better hire a car and driver guide to take you around.

kigali
3. Re: Kigali Airport to Nyungwe National Park.

Hello.

It's better and advisable to take private car! Means hire car and driver to take you there! It could not be more 200$ per day. Otherwise your trip will be hard, the bus goes to Nyungwe take 6hours and you have to take it before midday

Kampala
4. Re: Kigali Airport to Nyungwe National Park.

Hullo every one,

Thanks for all the information that you gave me which was indeed helpful especially Nyungwefan.

I arrived at Kigali Airport at 10:50am,picked my bag and immediately took a special taxi to the city center.I paid 20US Dollars to Kayitare Fred-00250788891517,he helped me exchange some US Dollars to Rwandan Francs and immediately bought a 12:30 ticket from the Omega Bus Company to Nyungwe National Park.The journey took me about 5hrs going through the hilly and steep areas of western Rwanda.

I got help from a Rwandan man who sat besides me and knew some English to talk in Kinyarwanda and ask the bus driver to stop at Gisakura Guest House at about 6:30pm.I did my tour of Nyungwe National Park with the Canopy walk and this was fantastic.

Thanks once again for all your help with first hand information.

Hong Kong, China
5. Re: Kigali Airport to Nyungwe National Park.

I am planning to Nyungwe next Feb. I am wondering how I can do all the activities in the park without a car. For example, trail around HQ, chimpanzee trek. may you advise?

Kampala
6. Re: Kigali Airport to Nyungwe National Park.

Hullo Jimmy,

There are buses that pass around the Nyungwe park head quarters every 1hr,so every after an activity,you have to stand by the road side to stop the next available bus to take you to either the visitor's center of the Uwinka View Point for the canopy walk or at the Chimpanzee tracking starting section.

The guides are knowledgeable speaking the local language with French and English and are willing to help you even stop the bus.

Hong Kong, China
7. Re: Kigali Airport to Nyungwe National Park.

Robert,

I am thinking to stay in Gisakura guest house. Is the bus connecting the guest house and those waiting points? Can I book all the activities in the guest house?

BR,

Jimmy

Kampala
8. Re: Kigali Airport to Nyungwe National Park.

Hullo Jimmy,

When i visited Rwanda about 1-month ago,the Omega Bus which i boarded from Kigali stopped right at the entrance of Gisakura guest house and i was able to take another bus to the Canopy walk the following morning which i was interested in and other travellers continued for chimpanzee tracking from the same point with buses.

The Canopy Walk Departure times from the Uwinka visitor's center are:8am,10am,1pm and 3pm daily.

Hong Kong, China
9. Re: Kigali Airport to Nyungwe National Park.

Robert,

Thanks for your reply. It looks like visit Nyungwe by public transport is feasible.

BR,

Jimmy

10. Re: Kigali Airport to Nyungwe National Park.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kigali
Recent Conversations