We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amahoro tours

Rockford, Illinois
Amahoro tours

Has anyone used Amahoro tours for their gorilla trek? How was the experience and would you use them again. Thank you.

51 replies to this topic
Kampala
reviews: 14
1. Re: Amahoro tours

hope the person asking this question is not part of this company.

In the past threads the same qusetion has been asked. so refer to those threads

Rockford, Illinois
2. Re: Amahoro tours

I am not part of the company I live in Rockford Illinois and I have seen some of the previous responses some are old and I just wanted to see if anyone has any additional information prior to me sending them my money.

Oakland, CA
reviews: 158
3. Re: Amahoro tours

Ugandasafaris, if you'd have looked, you'd have seen David has 23 posts. What you are talking about, is usually when the person posting has one post.

Check this out before making inferences.

Rockford, Illinois
4. Re: Amahoro tours

I other comment and then I am done. If I represented the company wouldn't I have been signing it's praise instead of asking a question?

London, United...
reviews: 18
5. Re: Amahoro tours

Yes, I used Amahoro in September for a 1 night gorilla trek. I live in the UK so was a bit apprehensive at having to send a few hundred dollars online in advance, but they were in constant contact via email and never took more than a few hours to reply to my constant questions! And when I was in Rwanda the level of service didnt change.

I used Amahoro for transport from Kigali to Musnaze, 1 night (St Ann's), gorilla trek for 1 day and then transport to Gisenyi (though I only decided this on the day and told them I wanted to keep the option open of going to Uganda border or gisenyi).

One thing that really impressed me was this: When I was dropped at Gisenyi I said to my driver I wanted to think about crossing to congo for a day. So an Amahoro guy from Congo came over at breakfast to tell me what the prices etc were. In the end, the on-the-day visa was something silly like $300 for a daytrip! and the same for the permit to trek the volcano. So not cheap, but the rep was not pushy at all and we actually ended up chatting for a while and he was just a genuinely nice guy. Would recommend these guys to anyone!

Happy to answer any other questions

Oakland, CA
6. Re: Amahoro tours

HI Sameer and anyone else who has an opinion about this:

Do you consider the trip to Gisenyi (not the cross-over to Congo) worthwhile? Where did you stay in Gisenyi

For a two night brief short trip to Rwanda,I wonder if Gisenyi is good for an overnight stay in addition to an overnight in Kigali? I am not going tp Parc des Volcans)

Thank you.

London, United...
7. Re: Amahoro tours

I only spent 3 nights in Rwanda. Kigali, pnv, gisenyi before I went on to Uganda. So can't compare to other places. But I did really like gisenyi. It has a really nice big lakefront and a small town centre with a fairly bustly produce Market. It wa the ideal place to relax for me after a day of trekking but worth a visit anyway I'd say

Oakland, CA
8. Re: Amahoro tours

Thank you for your reply, Sameer!! Did you stay overnight in Gisenyi? If yes, what was your accommodation?

London, United...
9. Re: Amahoro tours

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

no worries. The review for the place i stayed

Kampala
reviews: 14
10. Re: Amahoro tours

I wish you all the best with that company if you happen to travel with them.

Edited: 5:00 am, December 21, 2011
Reply to: Amahoro tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted