We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insect repellent - which one?

femster
reviews: 15
Insect repellent - which one?

Coming from London in a few weeks and I have my malaria tablets but I have also been advised to get Insect repellent, I have been told to get the Jungle brand but does anyone have any suggestions and should I really need it for Lagos?

1. Re: Insect repellent - which one?

I have been told to purchase repellent with at least 30% deet in it. There are some available which have up to 70% deet available in Nigeria if you want to go that way.

But even with pills or shots should use spray.

Manchester, United...
2. Re: Insect repellent - which one?

Remember that deet is poisonous. Read the advice on the repellent to make sure you don't cause yourself any harm with a high percentage of deet.

femster
reviews: 15
3. Re: Insect repellent - which one?

I ended up getting the "Jungle" formula it has 50% deer but was most recommended by Boots and Nomad travel clinic

4. Re: Insect repellent - which one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 18, 2014