We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Arik Air, is it really that bad?

London, United...
reviews: 34
Arik Air, is it really that bad?

I'm planning to visit an old friend in Nigeria, in the new year.

Arik is coming in cheapest from London, and it's a direct flight too. But I've read some really bad stories about it? What do people on here think about it? Thanks

39 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

Really bad stories like what? Your life and safety are far more important than saving a few pounds, aren't they. I'd cough up the extra and fly on a more reliable airline if I were you.

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 64
2. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

well I fly Arik pretty regularly, both internationally and locally. There booking procedures are a bit tricky and it is hard if you want to change a ticket, but if you know when you want to go they are fine. Pretty modern planes, the service and food is ok, so am not sure why you wouldnt want to fly them? Don't think they ever had a crash, so I guess it must be because they are from Africa.

London, United...
reviews: 34
3. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

Now...now. Let's not make this into a racial thing.

I'm just interested in the standard of service as experienced by members on here. Thanks

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

You're the one who said you'd heard bad stories. I've never flown on Arik Airlines before, but I'd think twice before trusting my money and life to a service I'd heard horror stories about.

London, United...
5. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

I have flown with Virgin Atlantic and British Airways as well as ARIK many times to Lagos. Unequivocally, ARIK offers the best value for money and the safest flights. The glitches faced by the airline are also faced by the other airlines and they are all caused by airport issues - they are not airline problems. All you have to do is Google other lines and see their catalogue of problems as well.

6. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

To me, Arik air is as good as Klm or Airfrance in terms of their plane and staff onboard.its only when you are using their local flights that you can expect to wait up to 2 hours sometimes.and this is same with other local flights within NIgeria.but from London to Nigeria, Arik is the best caus you get to carry 2 luggage 30kg each plus a 10kg handluggage.

I think it's better to give advise with ones own experience, and as a Nigerian bassed in Europe who fly a lot, I should know

reviews: 3
7. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

I flew Arik Air from Abuja to Gombe and back in Feb 2011 and the flights both ways were very smooth, reliable and professional. Unless something has happened in the intervening months to change that service, I'd have no hesitation in recommending the airline. Planes are modern, it was a really pleasant experience.

reviews: 3
8. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

I flew Arik Air from Abuja to Gombe and back in Feb 2011 and the flights both ways were very smooth, reliable and professional. Unless something has happened in the intervening months to change that service, I'd have no hesitation in recommending the airline. Planes are modern, it was a really pleasant experience.

London
reviews: 83
9. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

I have flown internally on Arik quite a few times and its fine

Elblag, Poland
10. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

Ive travelled to Nigeria with Arik air and must say it was quite pleasant. Not talking about pple on the flight... Nigerians! ;) Flight was ok but on the way back we arrived an hour plus late ( might be the snow issue)

Reply to: Arik Air, is it really that bad?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted