We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has anyone traveled by bus from windhoek to livingstone

Which Windhoek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
arizona
reviews: 1
has anyone traveled by bus from windhoek to livingstone

The Intercape Bus Line travels this route. It is an overnight trip. Is Anyone familiar with it? Is it a safe trip for single female? Do they have a locked compartment for luggage? Any info appreciated. Thanks

Hermanus, South...
1. Re: has anyone traveled by bus from windhoek to livingstone

It is a safe, reliable trip. I haven't done it myself but have sent many people on that. It is a big coach, most of the time they have the sleepliner with the seats you can recline back and your luggae is locked in the bays underneath the coach. Its a good, cheap, reliable way to get around. Maybe take an ipod or something as the last few people that I know that went that route were subjected to gospel videos for 24 hours on the bus telly and they got a bit bored, which is fine but maybe not your cup of tea.

Gemma Dry - Safari Manager - Truly Africa Tours

Colorado
2. Re: has anyone traveled by bus from windhoek to livingstone

Intercape is one of the safest modes of transport in Southern Africa. I've taken this route along with many others.

It's a good idea to also bring a jacket, or blanket and pillow on the bus with you as the AC can be run all night regardless of weather.

Also, fight for the front seats on the upper level if you can :)

Jeremy - Author Other Places Namibia Travel Guide

Jermibia's Wild Safari Africa /Owner

3. Re: has anyone traveled by bus from windhoek to livingstone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:58 am, January 03, 2014
4. Re: has anyone traveled by bus from windhoek to livingstone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:30 am, March 05, 2011