We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Namibian dollars to Pounds sterling

Which Windhoek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coleraine, Northern...
reviews: 5
Namibian dollars to Pounds sterling

MY son had quick stayover in Namibia before flying back to UK from S. Africa. HE has some Namibian dollars but can,t get them changed back to GB sterling at bank or airport. Can anyone sugguest where this can be done?? Thanks

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 44
1. Re: Namibian dollars to Pounds sterling

Not possible, I believe. Some currencies, like the Moroccan dirham, and Namibian dollar, can only be used within their countries, so not convertible to other currencies.

He should have spent them before he left Namibia..

Victoria BC
reviews: 66
2. Re: Namibian dollars to Pounds sterling

You might find a money changer willing to change them for a big discount on their value...look for a less official operation, especially in a big city.

I've successfully changed "nonconvertible currency " before, but got about 50% of the real value.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
3. Re: Namibian dollars to Pounds sterling

There is a similar post today "Which currency to take?" where the OP got to buy Nam$$ at Thomas Cooks. It must be worth a try if they are selling they surely must have to buy,

4. Re: Namibian dollars to Pounds sterling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 30, 2010