We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inhassoro - worth a visit??

Which Mozambique hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Africa
Inhassoro - worth a visit??

hi all.,...i had 2 weeks booked in Vilankulos but have read on this site that that is too long :-( so now i am considering a week stay in Inhassoro ( and then just one week in Vilankulos) is this a good idea? what is Inhassoro like?

thanks karen

Maputo, Mozambique
Destination Expert
for Mozambique
reviews: 35
1. Re: Inhassoro - worth a visit??

Hi Karen,

Both Vilanculos and Inhassora are similar(ish) sort of beaches that look out to the islands. The beach isn't great for swimming as it's really shallow at low tide, and not beach at high-tide. You should do a show safari...

Or consider Tofo instead of Inhassoro.

South Africa
2. Re: Inhassoro - worth a visit??

thanks....do u mean the beach at Inhassoro is not great for swimming? or do u mean the beach at Vinankulos? what is a show safari? and yes i have a week in Tofo too...is that nicer? thank you!

South Africa
3. Re: Inhassoro - worth a visit??

thanks....do u mean the beach at Inhassoro is not great for swimming? or do u mean the beach at Vinankulos? what is a show safari? and yes i have a week in Tofo too...is that nicer? thank you!

Maputo, Mozambique
Destination Expert
for Mozambique
reviews: 35
4. Re: Inhassoro - worth a visit??

Neither beach is fab for swimming. the water is very shallow for a long long way...so it's almost like a bay. at high tide there is no sand to lie on....Tofo is an ocean beach. If you like ocean beaches you['ll love it.

5. Re: Inhassoro - worth a visit??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mozambique