We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casuarina Hotel review

Which Mauritius hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru...
reviews: 11
Casuarina Hotel review

Hi,

I am planning to travel for a 6N in Dec 1st week to Casuarina Hotel. Kindly let me know if anyone has stayed thr and ur experience. i am traveling for my honeymoon!

Thanks in advance

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 1,248
1. Re: Casuarina Hotel review

Here are the recent reviews, you might want to PM reviewers who have stayed there recently.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g488106-d321396…

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 54
2. Re: Casuarina Hotel review

Casuarina was the first hotel I ever stayed at in Mauritius and its one of the older well established resorts.

I returned a few years ago and still loved it, though of course it was much busier then.

I love its white hobiton architecture and its lovely gardens and water features - and even the frogs that set up a chorus when its going to rain.

The rooms were a little tired looking but are OK. Shower only and no bath tub.

Meals were fine - as they are in any 3* AI resort and as a vegetarian with a food allergy I had absolutely no problems if some nights there was nothing on the menu that I could eat.

I think Casuarina caters well for Indian guests but I haven't checked the reviews recently.

Beach wise the small beach is across the road but the hotel is right on the bus route so should you decide to use Mont Choisy or any other beach you have easy access. Also handy for buses to Grand Baie and Port Louis.

Also Trou aux Biches beach is across the road a little down from Casuarina.

Don't forget to tell them its your honeymoon.

Bronia :)

Edited: 2:45 pm, June 16, 2013
3. Re: Casuarina Hotel review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 18, 2014