We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauritania visa

Which Nouakchott hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mojacar, Spain
Mauritania visa

Where in the EU can you obtain a visa to travel through Mauritania, UK Passport holder.

12 replies to this topic
Derby, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Mauritania visa

French consulate in London also issue Mauritania visa's failing that Mauritania consulate in Paris, so assuming you are in the Uk teh London option would be better for you.

regards

Mojacar, Spain
2. Re: Mauritania visa

Hi GavUK7,

Thanks for that info, sadly there were no takers for my proposed convoy this year, I`ll try again next year or tag along with one of the rallies.

We are now flying from Madrid with Air Europa E400 return (each) 46kg luggage each + 2 dogs & 2 cats, how mad are we!!!

Bristol, United...
3. Re: Mauritania visa

Hi Don,

Rabat is the place to get Mauri Visa's.

Didn't you look at my Driving to Gambia Post..??

' Rich...

Reading, United...
reviews: 19
4. Re: Mauritania visa

Hi Rich,

I hope you don't mind me asking you a couple of questions. I am vaguely planning to ride my motorbike down Morocco, through Mauritania and on towards Sierra Leone (starting 2nd week in September). However, I note that there are various concerns with Mauritania. I would be riding alone and I'm not as young as I used to be! I'm fairly used to African Africa as I did 10,000 miles around east and south east Africa last year. I've ridden in Morocco loads of times as well but I guess what I'm reading about Mauritania is worrying me!

What IS the deal with Mauritania? Will they kidnap me on sight? Are convoys easy to find (and join)... My plan is to go to Nouadhibou and then Nouakchatt and then head at high speed for St Louis and Senegal?

I see to get my visa in Rabat (good info) but do they sell you insurance at the border?. If you answer this missive can you also send the reply to spacedaag@live.co.uk as I'm on a ship (work) and internet can be a bit hit and miss.

Cheers,

Titus

Edited: 1:18 pm, July 14, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Mauritania visa

Titus, don't forget you will need a Senegal visa as of July 1st 2013! New rules, people are getting caught out by this. All biometric now, and London will not issue the visa. Have to pre enroll online at the SNEDAI site. It's all new and a bit chaotic, hope the dust settles as we are running overland trips there as of October.

Bristol, United...
6. Re: Mauritania visa

Titus,

Working it out yet..??

' Rich.......

Reading, United...
reviews: 19
7. Re: Mauritania visa

Hi! No, I've done nothing! I got off my ship yesterday (been away 4 months, 4 days) and taking the family to the Philippines today (and I've still got to pack yet). When I get back, 3 weeks, I think there is a Santander ferry on Sept 12th, then a couple of days in visiting in Spain before trying to find the Malaga/Malilla ferry. Then heading for Rabat (Morocco) to get Mauritania visa. And then keep heading south. Want to visit Nouadhibou and then roar off to the Mauritanian capital (Nouakchott) to get a visa for Senegal. Then I just head south, still playing it by ear (nose and throat)... How does that sound?

Titus

Bristol, United...
8. Re: Mauritania visa

I Usually use, Tarifa or Algeciras Ferries, to Tangier, or Cueta. Thinking of trying New Tangier Med next time.

Cherbourg cheaper for UK to France.. When you have good Fuel MPG..

' Rich.......

London, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Mauritania visa

Hi i planing to drive to Gambia on my Peugeot 407 through Morocco-Mauritania-Senegal, do you think this is possible. And can you share any tips about the road condition and the border crossings?

thanks

Nouakchott, Trarza...
10. Re: Mauritania visa

yes you can come straight you dont need a visa it will be given to you at the airport or the frontiers.

Reply to: Mauritania visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nouakchott