We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the situation now in Mouritania

Which Nouakchott hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
what is the situation now in Mouritania

I and my friends are going to Mouritania and Senegal early next Month.We had good past experience and we'd like to go back again this year and will be back at the last ten days of December.I have 1 question; what is the security situation now in Mouritania and senegal?

Any feed back is well appreaciated

Kiffa, Mauritania
reviews: 1
11. Re: what is the situation now in Mouritania

Good news this week concerning the kidnapped Spanish aid workers.

Reuters

The Spanish government said two Spanish aid workers kidnapped by Al Qaeda's north African wing in November were freed on Monday and were safe and well.

Spain says two al Qaeda hostages freed Albert Vilalta and Roque Pascual were seized on November 29, 2009 from a convoy run by a Barcelona-based humanitarian aid organisation. A third Spaniard kidnapped at the same time, Alicia Gamez, was released last March.

Full Updated story:-

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLDE67M1V2

Edited: 10:21 am, August 25, 2010
London, United...
12. Re: what is the situation now in Mouritania

ive heard the situation has now improved .and that is safe for foriegn nationals to drive through mauritania. does anyone know if this is true. especially as the various rallys that were cancelled last year are going ahead again. i would like to hear from anyone with any updated information as we hope to take this trip very soon in our own vehicle

13. Re: what is the situation now in Mouritania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 28, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Nouakchott