We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Obtaining a Mauritania visa in Senegal

UK
Obtaining a Mauritania visa in Senegal

Everywhere I look for information about a Mauritania visa, it always says how easy and cheap they are to get in Rabat. However, there is never advice for people coming the opposite direction. Is there somewhere in Senegal or Gambia where I can get a Mauri visa swiftly and easily?

Otherwise, would it be advisable to get one in the UK? Does anywhere know where they issue them in the UK and how to apply?

Thanks in advance

4 replies to this topic
Stockholm, Sweden
1. Re: Obtaining a Mauritania visa in Senegal

I haven't been there for a few years now so the situation may have changed, but every time I've been there before I have just obtained a visa at the border. From Senegal, Morocco or any bordering country you come from.

UK
2. Re: Obtaining a Mauritania visa in Senegal

Thanks but apparently that is no longer an option. However, I have been informed that it IS possible to obtain a full range of Mauri visas at the embassy in Dakar, and a multiple entry or transit visa (but NOT single entry) at the embassy in Banjul. The prices are comparable to those in Rabat but much less busy so no need to queue up early. This information has been confirmed by multiple sources and it had better be accurate because I am relying on it!

London, United...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Obtaining a Mauritania visa in Senegal

Yep, you can get a Mauri visa in Dakar. 48hour wait. 1 photo and 1 form.

UK
4. Re: Obtaining a Mauritania visa in Senegal

Oh yes, I should have posted, yes I did it this way and it worked out fine. Also absolutely no queues at the embassy in Dakar as there are in Rabat so no need to race there at 7 in the morning, and they will let you pay in US dollars, CFA or Euros. A very easy experience.

Reply to: Obtaining a Mauritania visa in Senegal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted