We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dailling back to the UK

Birmingham
reviews: 50
Dailling back to the UK

Hi

Could anyone tell me the code for dialling back to the UK from a UK registered mobile, whilst in Malawi and Zambia please?

Is it different for dialling to a mobile or landline?

Many thanks

Birmingham
11. Re: Dailling back to the UK

Will do Mr. Ivan! She's with a small school group led by staff who have first hand experience of working in Malawi - and love the country and its people.

I hope she will be able to help, but also come back with a few different perspectives on what is important.

Sheffield, United...
12. Re: Dailling back to the UK

Hi, yes, it can have a life changeing effect. Neville Bevis and his wife visited Malawi on a school trip, and never came back. They joined the Open Arms Orphanage in Blantyre, where babies are taken in and kept till they are around 2 yrs old, and then returned to the extended family. Sadly Nevilles wife died in 2006 from ovarian cancer, but Neville and the orphanage are still going strong, and have extended their operations to Mangochi in the southern lakeshore area.

Ivan

Birmingham
13. Re: Dailling back to the UK

My daughter returned having had the most wonderful experience in Malawi - learned a little about what is really important in life!

She was amazed by how people were always happy and smiling. I think she would have loved to smuggle one of the toddlers home in her hand luggage.

It made her realise that the raising money and gathering items for the orphanage really is important, and is one of the few ways that the Malawians can gather 'things' that make their lives a little easier.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she decided to take a gap year and work in the orphanage - if they'd have her!

Haven't had the phone bill yet!!

Sheffield, United...
14. Re: Dailling back to the UK

Hi,

""My daughter returned having had the most wonderful experience in Malawi - learned a little about what is really important in life!""

Told you so!!

A magical place, how I wish I had had the oportunity to go there when I was young, but there are plenty of oportunities for youngsters to do a bit, and learn some REAL life lessons.

I hope she keeps Malawi and the people close to her heart, and someday gets to go back

Ivan

15. Re: Dailling back to the UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 21, 2010