We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madagascar Visa on Arrival

Naxxar, Malta
Madagascar Visa on Arrival

Hi, my husband and I will be traveling to Madagascar in October. We both hold Maltese passports. Is visa on arrival still being issued to all nationalities and is it still free? Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Istanbul, Turkey
1. Re: Madagascar Visa on Arrival

Hi,

yeah, Visa is still free.And hope that it is still free by the time you arrive there.

Cheers

Marius

Lake Stevens, WA.
reviews: 3
2. Re: Madagascar Visa on Arrival

Hi Trip Advisor Community,

Hoping you can answer a question for me. I think this is a legit request by a hotel but want to make sure.

The small hotel in which we are staying the night of our arrival in Tana (noted as one of the best by TripAdvisor) has asked us for exacting details from us to deliver as part of a rudimentary and required report to the Malagasy police department. (Neither my husband or myself have issues with this as we have no criminal records but it does strike me as odd since none of my extensive reading on Madagascar has addressed this requirement prior.)

The info they seek is standard for an embarkation card, and I would expect to deliver that to Malagasy Customs as part of our Visa entry requirements (below is the list).

Can anyone advise me on this? We leave for Antananarivo in two weeks.

First Name :

Date of birth :

Place of birth :

Name of father:

Name of mother:

Permanent address:

Nationality:

Identification paper:

Number, place and date of issue:

Coming from:

Going to:

Means of transportation:

Thank you for this assistance.

Ali

3. Re: Madagascar Visa on Arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:45 am, September 19, 2014

Lake Stevens, WA.
reviews: 3
4. Re: Madagascar Visa on Arrival

Hi all,

Anyone reading my prior post on the normalness of the requested information?

I have it on good authority from a Trip Advisor Senior Contributor and Malagasy National that this is indeed a normal procedure. He said if I was uncomfortable supplying some of the info, just leave it blank.

Fort Dauphin...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Madagascar Visa on Arrival

To the OP, yes, visas are still free on arrival.

To AFrazLakeStevens_WA_, you haven't got the response you want probably because you didn't post your own question, you posted it as an answer to someone else's question about whether free visas are still available.

As an Ozzie with over 20 years experience here, I can tell you, the questions they have asked you to complete are the basic questions from a hotel registration form. They are I guess asking you to complete it in advance so they can pre-fill the form for you.

You get asked your parents names on lots of paperwork here, it's normal don't worry about it. If anyone asks for you bank account details, then worry...

Reply to: Madagascar Visa on Arrival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted