We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveler looking to join up or volunteer

Oakland, California
Solo traveler looking to join up or volunteer

Hello -

I'll be going to Madagascar July - August and am interested in seeing the nature - the plants and animals, the landscapes, the ocean - and learning about the culture and history. I'm female and speak a little French and no Malagasy (but would love to learn more of both).

Anyone want to travel together? Or know of a good volunteer opportunity (not one I pay for)? I'm looking for a safe and fun way to get to know the place and make some local friends.

2 replies to this topic
Morondava...
1. Re: Solo traveler looking to join up or volunteer

Hi friend!! you've got a good choice to go to Madagascar!! I'd say to you, that you'll see and find all of your requests which are fauna and flora and ocean here. I come from Madagascar speaking to you and I know some interesting places here for you. To be honest i'm a local guide in a National Park in Mada but when you get here we can get in touch if you like and we can meet; So if you like I can give you my contact so that you can call me: 26134 08 126 06. Feel free if you need some help of information. Well, have a nice trip then!! See you!!

London, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Solo traveler looking to join up or volunteer

Hi Katlin, I'm thinking I'll be there at a similar time & would be up for a travel companion. If you fancy getting in touch - lozblake@hotmail.com. Happy travels!

Reply to: Solo traveler looking to join up or volunteer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted