We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on itinerary needed

Warsaw, Poland
advice on itinerary needed

Hi,

we are planning our honeymoon in Madagascar (already in 2 weeks!), in total 14 days, and I would like to ask you for any feedback regarding the itinerary we are thinking of:

1- Late arrival to Antananarivo

2- afternoon flight to Nosy Be

3- Nosy Be (Millot Plantation)

4- Nosy Be (Reserve Naturelle de Lokobe)

5- Nosy Be (beach:)

6- Nosy Be, onland travel to Mahamasina, sleep there

7- Parc National de la Ankarana, afternoon travel to Joffreville (sleeping there)

8- Parc National Montagne d'Ambre, travel to Diego Suarez

9- Diego Suarez (Les Trois Baies, Crater Lakes)

10- Diego Suarez (La Mer d'Emeraude, Ramena)

11- Diego Suarez (Tsingy Rouges)

12 - Diego Suarez

13- flight to Antananarivo

14- visiting Antananarivo

15- visiting Antananarivo, evening flight back to Europe

Any help is greatly appreciated. Just to let you know that we already have tickets for domestic flights, so these cannot be changed.

Many thanks in advance!

Antananarivo...
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
reviews: 34
1. Re: advice on itinerary needed

It's a good itinerary overall but here are a few suggestions:

- in Nosy Be, on Day 5, maybe you should visit Nosy Tanikely marine reserve and enjoy the beach over there.

- Day 7 and Day 8 are a bit rushed. I would suggest you spend two nights in Ankarana or Montagne D'Ambre and visit the Tsingy Rouge ( you planned to do it on Day 11 ) on the way from Ankarana to Montagne d'Ambre. No need to budget a full day to see the Tsingy Rouges.

Edited: 5:24 pm, June 02, 2013
ohor Bahru
2. Re: advice on itinerary needed

Hi there,

If I were you , fly to Diego Suarez first then visit the surronded before heading to Nosy Be for relaxing, I think it will be better for you to relax on the beach after your long trip.

I agree with #1I would like to suggest you to spend one night in Amber Mountain then next day visit the park and continue to Red Tsingy; for Ankarana reserve it will be better for 2 nights.

Hva nice trip!

Julia

3. Re: advice on itinerary needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 05, 2014