We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madagascar Tour Guide (a company name)

Mumbai
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Madagascar Tour Guide (a company name)

Has anyone traveled with Madagascar Tour Guide of Andry? Any feedback is much appreciated.

48 replies to this topic
31. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide (a company name)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:36 am, July 13, 2014
Edited: 11:36 am, July 13, 2014

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
32. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide (a company name)

We have spent 32 days with MTG and no problem,at all, Andry very profesional and his team as well,i recomend their services in Madagascar, without doubt.

San Francisco
12 posts
33. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide (a company name)

Hi, Did you go with him? Any thoughts or suggestions? Here is what we are looking for. Would love your advice. Thanks. Kurt

Hi. My wife and I (50 & 56) have flights into JNB arriving August 15th. We want to explore Madagascar for a total of 20-30 days before the weather turns. We’d like 3-5 days each at a couple top snorkeling/dive areas like Andavadoaka and Nosy Be. We’d also like to see: Tsingy de Bemaraha, the Baobabs, Isalo, Park National d’Andringita and ideally some whale watching (maybe at Sante Marie).

We’d like a car rental with an English speaking driver/guide. We may also be open to a small group or 1 or 2 other couples for some of all of the trip. We are open to breaking the tour into a few segments (Southern, Northern and end at a beach area), with flights in between if that makes sense.

We are open to some comfortable camping and otherwise are fine with mid-range hotels that are clean, safe and that are simple but comfortable with access to good reasonably priced food and services.

Are there routes that would work to see what we’d like in 20-30 days? Can you help with flights to and back from Mada? What do you estimate the cost of the tour would be and what deposits would we need to make? We have some flexibility on when we start. So are there start days that work better than the 16 of August? Are rates better 2-3 weeks later? Thank you.

Kurt & Anne Kroger USA

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
34. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide (a company name)

HOLA .hemos viajado durante 32 dias por Madagascar y los servicios de Andry de Madagascar Tour Guide han salido casi a la perfeccion.Hemos tenido guia y chofer durante 27 dias y luego hemos estado por cuenta propia en Nosy Be por 5 dias (recomiendo el hotel Belvedere en Andilana Beach, Virginia que lo regenta es adorable)Los dias en Madagascar se remitieron en rutas propuestas por Andry , una parte hacia el Sur, otra por lazona de Morondava y el Norte, no hicimos La isla de Saint Marie porque preferimos Nosy Be.Hay vuelos internos aunque no todos los dias con Air Madagascar con precion fijos, con dos o tres vuelos internos se soluciona el trayecto,espero que lainformacion os sea de provecho, si escribis un Emai a Andry por nuestra parte podemos decir que es fiable y muy responsable, nos recibio en el Hotel Sakamanga de Antananarivo, donde nos hospedamo, que es un buen hotel a precios razonables, ya que la capital es solo un paso para el resto del pais

Un saludo desde barcelona. España

Bristol
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
35. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide (a company name)

Hello Haja - I have contacted a few of the tour guides on this list from the link as I read a few other of your posts and thought that would be a good idea. They have all sent me really fantastic looking itineraries - although quite a few did have websites - would they still be legitimate?

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
36. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide (a company name)

We travelled with Andry's MTG in Sept/oct 2014 for 3 weeks and are perfectly satisfied and would certainly recommend MTG.

Andry is a very professional and trustworthy guy. He responded to our inquiries rapidly. The reason for him sometimes not reacting quickly is that he is sometimes on the road as guide too, with limited access to emails. Don't worry about that. When we went, the AirFrance strike was ongoing and we suddenly had to change our flight schedule, so we arrived earlier. We got a confirmation from Andry only a couple of hours before we left home, but it went perfectly fine.

About paying: we also felt a bit uncomfortable paying the initial deposit by bank tranfer some weeks before arrival, and also felt uncomfortable paying the remainder in cash on the first night upon arrival. We took the risk and did it, and everything worked out well. So I can only confirm that MTG / Andry is completely safe and trustworthy.

Best regards, philip

London
1 post
2 reviews
37. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide (a company name)

We are looking to do the same frames as you 2-3 weeks, September time. What would you recommend eg: top two or three spots you saw with them. Want to get and outside prospective before talk to them. Cheers

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
38. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide (a company name)

Also looking to travel to Mada in March April (2015), encompassing Easter which gives me 2 more days to dump into holiday time. All in all, I should have 20 days to see some of the highlights of the island. Planning to go to: Andasibe, cover the South tour including the train to Manakara and perhaps also the Tsingy. Could you confirm if this is all possible in 20 days? I appreciate that travel will take longer than we're used to in Europe and distances are quite large too so my plan may be too ambitious.

Female, travelling on my own, is this a) safe and b) likely to be significantly more expensive that if part of a group? What sort of budget am I likely to be looking at excl International flights?

Have read quite a few mentions of MTG, And yes do feel somewhat nervous of handing over sums of money at the start of the trip (someone also referred to bank transfers before they got to Mada). Is there some way of vetting the company from e.g. a Consulate in the UK?

Grateful for any answers!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
74 reviews
39. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide (a company name)

Maiden, why do you not use a UK agent to book for you, I bet you could specify the Malagasy guiding company and you have a load of protection and resource at little extra cost. J

Level Contributor
1 post
40. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide (a company name)

Hey all,

Having just returned from Madagascar after an amazing journey we would like to share our experience with MTG.

We have been very satisfied with the services provided by the team at MTG. Andry the owner responded quickly to our initial inquiry and was very helpful in creating a tour program suited to our interest and time schedule. A few times there was a bit of delay in his replies since he was on the road with no internet connection but he always got back to us. By our own suggestion we chose to pay in advance by bank transfer which went without any problems. Upon arriving in Madagascar we were greeted by Hoby, Andry's younger brother who was to be our tour guide for the two weeks. We did a combined tour of the West and South including the Tsiribihina River trip, the Tsingy National Park and the Andringitra National Park. Throughout the Tour Hoby (fluent in English btw) proved himself as an excellent guide telling about local traditions, spotting countless animals and making sure all went as planned with hotels, transport etc. On top of that he's a very friendly and trustworthy guy who's company we enjoyed a lot.

All in all we fully recommend MTG and especially Hoby as a guide. Madagascar is a truly spectacular country but also very challenging. However by the help of MTG all went smoothly and we would like to recommend them to all.

Should you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us in this thread or through PM.

Christine and Martin, Denmark

Reply to: Madagascar Tour Guide (a company name)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted