We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

Australia
reviews: 2
Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

Just a short note about my recent trip to Madagascar with Gassitours. I arrived at Tana airport at 1.30am (Air Madagascar flight was late) and I was so pleased to be met by Belaza and his driver, they had been sending SMS to me to let me know they were there, I was very glad to see their smiling faces. From then on for the next 11 days I was treated like a "queen", so it became my nickname as they opened doors and helped me through the entire tour. I am a 62 year old female lone traveller and I thought I was fairly fit but their helping hands assisted me into the dugout canoe for the river trip, made me comfortable in my own tent on the sand banks of the river, cared for me on the four wheel drive over some unbelievably rough roads, gave me encouragement and a strong hand to climb over the little Tsingy rocks. It was quite an adventure. I can thoroughly recommend Belaza and his tour company Gassitours which means your money stays in the country for the people of the country. Beleza has his own website Gassitours and you will find him. If you would like to know anything more about Madagascar please just ask and I will try to reply. One hint don’t take Australian Dollars, go for Euros to exchange. Cheers one weary but fulfilled traveller.

35 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
reviews: 1
31. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

Dear Ipal2

I would just like to confirm with you about Belaza and Gassitours. Does it exist firstly. I have been trying to ring them and I just cannot get through. Secondly I have sent money 13 daysran ago and have received no confirmation.

So just want a re-assurance that Belaza is very much alive and kicking and doing a good job.

Thanks - Footloose2013

McKinleyville...
reviews: 31
32. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

Did you try reaching him at gassitours@gmail.com? He may not be fast on the response when he's in more secluded areas on his tours, but he eventually did respond.

New Delhi, India
33. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

OK. I will be patient and wait. Thanks for your response

London, United...
reviews: 10
34. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

I can confirm that if he is on tour he may not be able to reply. Do not worry, Belaza is sound and a really nice guy. Also there has been a few political problems in the capital so this might have something to do with it as well. Again nothing to worry, it is quite normal as tourists do not spend too much time there anyway. Madagascar is superb, I am sure you will love it. Was there myself a year ago and cannot wait to get back.

New Delhi, India
35. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

Many thanks for your words of encouragement.

Reply to: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted