We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

Just a short note about my recent trip to Madagascar with Gassitours. I arrived at Tana airport at 1.30am (Air Madagascar flight was late) and I was so pleased to be met by Belaza and his driver, they had been sending SMS to me to let me know they were there, I was very glad to see their smiling faces. From then on for the next 11 days I was treated like a "queen", so it became my nickname as they opened doors and helped me through the entire tour. I am a 62 year old female lone traveller and I thought I was fairly fit but their helping hands assisted me into the dugout canoe for the river trip, made me comfortable in my own tent on the sand banks of the river, cared for me on the four wheel drive over some unbelievably rough roads, gave me encouragement and a strong hand to climb over the little Tsingy rocks. It was quite an adventure. I can thoroughly recommend Belaza and his tour company Gassitours which means your money stays in the country for the people of the country. Beleza has his own website Gassitours and you will find him. If you would like to know anything more about Madagascar please just ask and I will try to reply. One hint don’t take Australian Dollars, go for Euros to exchange. Cheers one weary but fulfilled traveller.

44 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
1 post
1. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

I am a 20 year old single femalewho travelled to Madagascar for 6 weeks in August. It was a huge relief to be welcomed at the airport in Tana by Belaza and our driver Alan. I did the Tsiribhina river and Tsingy tour and enjoyed it so much that I ended up doing a second tour of the south. The best part about having Belaza with me the whole time was that it gave me the opportunity to interact with the local Malagasy people and we found ourselves out most nights in the villages drinking THB with them. Belaza really went out of his way to make my trip as easy and memorable as possible. He also took into account that one of my main reasons for visiting Madagascar was to see wildlife (chameleons in particular) so he made sure we saw a lot of them which I was very pleased about. He also included a visit to a reptile reserve (Reserve Peyrieras) on the way to Andasibe. Thank you for everything Belaza, this really was the trip of a lifetime and I will definitely be back! Veloma! (Karissa, QLD Australia)

italia
3 posts
2. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

Hi guys

Thanks for the reports, this would be very helpful.

Cheers

Nevele
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

We and my wife are going to Madagascar during the month of april, with Bekasa. We are e-mailing each other for several months now and he his always very helpfull. We had to change our trip several times and Bekasa always came up with the right solution. I haven't seen him yet, but I already like him!

Hong Kong, China
1 post
4. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

Hi Karissa,

it is very nice of you telling us so much about a tour guide you felt good, we are planing a trip but a little hesitated about the safety, can I have Belaza's email that we can get as much as travel info, thanks a lot

5. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:05 am, November 03, 2013

Tokyo, Japan
2 posts
6. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

Hello,

I am also planning a trip as a solo female traveller to Madagascar in April 2012. I found the trip rates for a single traveler with a tour group quite high, so I am wondering about the cost with gassitours. I am thinking of spending 1 week to 10 days there. Also, I am planning a similar solo trip in Ethiopia. Tour companies there are also a bit hesitant to take one traveler on a tour. If anyone has any recommendations, it would be really helpful! Thank you!

7. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:05 am, November 03, 2013

Tokyo, Japan
2 posts
8. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

Thank you! I got in touch with him. I also found another local guide. If I decide to go, I will post back a message about my experience.

italia
3 posts
9. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

Hi

That's great

Enjoy your trip to Mada

Good luck

J.

10. Re: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 6:49 am, November 03, 2013

Reply to: Madagascar Tour Guide- Belaza Gassitours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted