We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling through Lesotho in two days with a SUV

Which Lesotho hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 7
travelling through Lesotho in two days with a SUV

Hello, just want to know if travelling through Lesotho in two days really worth it. I will be ttravelling by SUV. We will start from Addo elephant park. I know that it is beautiful but I am worried about the road conditions. Will be traveling in late October. Any advise will be welcomed. ray

2 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 156
1. Re: travelling through Lesotho in two days with a SUV

Did you do this trip and through Lesotho? Curious to know how it went and what recommendations you might have. I'm considering this option or just visiting the pass and going back to Durban and continue on North to Swaziland-Mozambique-Kruger.

Thanks!

Pretoria, South...
reviews: 4
2. Re: travelling through Lesotho in two days with a SUV

Some advise - if you are to/from Durban, the detour through Lesotho will be well worth your while if you are travelling by 4x4. Enter from Fouriesburg side (Caledonspoort border), stop off at Liphofung caves for a quick history and cave tour, travel up to Afriski for lunch, a 4x4 drive to the Escarpment if you are keen and sleep over. Next day, Drive through Mothotlong (many stops along the way for cultural visits, even get a pony trek in if you like), up to Sani Top. Lunch here and then go down to Underberg, and back to Durban. November sees the best flower blooms - my favourite time in Lesotho. It has been snowing last week (Monday and Wednesday), so perhaps you may even see some snow...

Reply to: travelling through Lesotho in two days with a SUV
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted