We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maps of Ghana / street maps

Which Accra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tema
Maps of Ghana / street maps

Hi

This is a strange post I know. I live in Ghana but need a really good map of Ghana. I have bought the following:

$12 or more each at the Shell Garage.

The Surf Tema Map with the photo on the reverse

The Surf Accra Map, with Ghana on reverse

The KLM 1992 Map with just Accra

The one sponsored by Toyota Ghana Accra / Spintex

The official Guide 2008 - with bad map

However - does anyone have a decent road map of Accra, Tema, Takoradi, Kumasi, GHANA.

You may have visited and found one that I can't get.

Yesterday it was a day when my wife demanded we did something other than work, so we went up to Bortei Falls - just a drip at the moment as the rains are not there. Nice and a long way up when you are at the bottom. Excellent exercise - my wife is now hobbling around the place through the serious walking and uphill steps. Signs were very old and some laid flat on the floor, so could have done with better map.

We did get there as in Ghana everyone is perfect in helping everyone else, including the taxi drivers. I used to get worried about going without a map, now we just don't really bother as roughly the right direction gets us there.

Ghana is such a nice country and the people so nice and friendly.

I like Google earth and the Sta pictures are great (even has my house in Tema) but is about 2 years old and no maps.

Ghana
reviews: 2
1. Re: Maps of Ghana / street maps

Hi,

I have yet to see any good maps, isn't it terrible? You're lucky you can see your house on google earth. We've got a house that we're building in Dawhenya, and the google map still has an unpaved Tema-Aflao Road, which is right in front of it. I'll be excited when they eventually update it. Even the abandoned ship in the ocean by the Tema beach is still whole on google earth.

Fortunately, you're right about taxi drivers and Ghanaians in general, they're very helpful in getting you where you need to go.

I sympathize with your wife. We did Boti falls a few years ago; I carried my then 2 year old on my back going down, and my poor husband carried her on his back going up. Thank God for Star beer at the top!

Barb

Tema
2. Re: Maps of Ghana / street maps

Thanks Barb.

Yes I have friend up your way and the roads are no better or perhaps the traffic was too heavy. We live 3A, looking at the sea and the lagoon (if stood on chair at jaunty angle).

I did see some Garmin (sat nav people) trucks in town a few weeks ago, and I know the sat nav can be bought here but no actual maps yet. I think they also do mobile phone masts?

I think I will put it on my wish list for Ghana! It will make adverts smaller when you don't have to mention 20 points of reference before hitting the place ou want to go to... Behind SSNIT, Oposite Joes Garage, on small from Uni Bank, then ask somebody?

Anyway - thanks for the answer and if you happen across one thats accurate and useful please let me know.

3. Re: Maps of Ghana / street maps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, September 23, 2009