We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

As We Suspected the ACE Cable Isnt Working Yet

Which Banjul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salisbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
reviews: 3
As We Suspected the ACE Cable Isnt Working Yet

Hi

Everyone was disappointed when the long awaited ACE internet cable arrived and no improvement was noticed A part explanation is to be found at www.allafrica.com/stories/201302181150.html rgds

Market Harborough
reviews: 30
1. Re: As We Suspected the ACE Cable Isnt Working Yet

Clear as mud !

Southampton
reviews: 13
2. Re: As We Suspected the ACE Cable Isnt Working Yet

AND - we had to suffer their opening night at the Kairaba in December. Loud music until 3am and no invites for hotel guests.

J

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 3
3. Re: As We Suspected the ACE Cable Isnt Working Yet

hi jennifer hotel guests were actually invited as 4 of us went. the night was fantastic especially the food and drink (even though we weren't meant to the eat, but one of the organisers were from London, so we got chatting). Plus my hubbies Brother was playing so we all stayed. But then again, hubby and I were not actually hotel guest but got to stay and enjoy the whole night.

It was a good FREE night.

North Pole, Alaska
reviews: 26
4. Re: As We Suspected the ACE Cable Isnt Working Yet

Hi Adrian

You might have to wait a while for any real improvements I sure they will have it up and running "up to 50 times faster by 2015!!"

http://gambiadispatch.com/%3Fp%3D4364

Breeze

Bakau, Gambia
5. Re: As We Suspected the ACE Cable Isnt Working Yet

Jenifer thats unusual for the Kairaba ,i think you will find if you ask they will gladly let you join in ,i did when the presidents wife had a Book signing their one evening ,i didnt actually ask to go but was asked if i would so a quick change and off i went ,Big Mistake apart from being the only white face their ,i appeared to have gained two new friends who acted like my shadows everywhere i went so did they ,Very worrying so i left and spent the rest off the night propping up the bar in Casa Fernando's

Southampton
reviews: 13
6. Re: As We Suspected the ACE Cable Isnt Working Yet

I checked my diary and yes - you could attend but there were no tables for Hotel Guests - standing room only. Security was tight too as the Vice Pres was there.

J

London
reviews: 5
7. Re: As We Suspected the ACE Cable Isnt Working Yet

It seems the cable is now operational for data but not voice :-

foroyaa.gm/burning-issues/13275-35-million-a…

Kerr Serign, Gambia
8. Re: As We Suspected the ACE Cable Isnt Working Yet

The ACE cable bandwidth is here but only a few companies are utilising it. I have a QCell home connection and get between 4-5Mbps from my 5Mbps connection. Only costs me D2,400 a month. Obviously does not compare to what I am used to in London but a huge difference here between what was available before ACE.

Bristol, United...
9. Re: As We Suspected the ACE Cable Isnt Working Yet

Gambino,

Hi. Welcome to The Gambian Forums...!!!

Crikey, That's £40, at 60 D to £..

My 2 Bed Linehouse is only £25 a Month. Can't remember the Phone and Internet on the Old one's..

''..Rich

Edited: 11:26 am, December 06, 2013
10. Re: As We Suspected the ACE Cable Isnt Working Yet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Banjul